Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 955

5 members and 950 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daytona

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Daytona

Finally got the lineup and IT SUCKS!!! I hate to be a downer but here are a few of the big names NOT attending:
    Ralph Davis
    NERD
    Constrictors Unlimited
    VPI
    Bob Clark

I could go on but I won't. I'm really surprised Ralph's not going since he pretty much just does balls and wouldn't think that would be affected by Florida's new laws. What's up with this!?!?!?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Daytona

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Exotic View Post
    Finally got the lineup and IT SUCKS!!! I hate to be a downer but here are a few of the big names NOT attending:
    Ralph Davis
    NERD
    Constrictors Unlimited
    VPI
    Bob Clark

I could go on but I won't. I'm really surprised Ralph's not going since he pretty much just does balls and wouldn't think that would be affected by Florida's new laws. What's up with this!?!?!?
    Ralph hasn't done Daytona for the past 3 or 4 years. Greg Graziani isn't doing it this year either.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts

I was seriously considering going this year too! Not going now.
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..

Thanks

As a vendor last year with 6 tables, It was not a good year for me.
    I actually lost money doing the show. I switched gears on Sunday, and like most, just started buying up animals at super low, low, low prices.
    I'm not vending this year. And from the list of vendors, seems I'm not the only one! I haven't decided if I'm going to go buy up animals again like I did last year. I just don't see it being a successful show.
    Which is sad. Every herper looks forward to Daytona. Not the case any longer.
    Last edited by thebigsquease; 07-16-2010 at 11:19 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

This is my first year going to. This SUCKS!!! I already booked everything and have a Disney trip attached to it so I'm kind of stuck but I rented a car to drive back which isn't cheap when you do it one way. I'm pretty irritated that they waited this long to release the vendor list but I guess we know why now.

Thanks

This is my first year going to. This SUCKS!!! I already booked everything and have a Disney trip attached to it so I'm kind of stuck but I rented a car to drive back which isn't cheap when you do it one way. I'm pretty irritated that they waited this long to release the vendor list but I guess we know why now.
    90% of car rentals can be canceled pretty much up till you sign the paperwork
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Thanks

OK, hope this cheers you up...We've gone to Daytona for years, and it's always been an awesome time (even last year) especially the nightlife at the Hilton--moonlight, beverages, and tons of herpers. It's worth the trip alone.

Wayne is always pokey about the vendor list. There are still going to be over 200 vendors that will include Albey, Ben Siegel, Brian Barczyk, ProExotics, the Bells, Snakes @ Sunset, Brock (no last name required, like Prince ), Ron Tremper, Morton Wright....I'm sure the list will grow in the next month.

It's still going to be like a candy store, and there might be some great new up-and-coming breeders that will be our new "leaders in the industry." You're right, it's not what it used to be, but it's still one of the biggest shows in the country, so you won't be wasting your time. And perhaps there will be another BP.net meet & greet??

It'll be fun!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Yeah, I'm still probably going to go. I know I can cancel the car rental but this whole thing is kind of a family vacation as well. Just disappointed. My wish list consists of a male Mystic and a female Enchi and not every breeder has those (not to mention I don't want one of those run of the mill - looks like a banded normal Enchi's either). Just hoping I can find something I'm looking for. The collection is to the point now where I'm past looking for what every breeder produces.

Thanks

I think this might be the year of the mystic. Several people have put them into everything, so there might be a surplus this year. Prices have already fallen from $3500 to $1200 in just a little over a year. We have several clutches of mystics ourselves; they won't be in short supply at the show.

I think you'll find enchis easy to find also. We've seen them in Daytona for the last couple of years. I know what you mean about finding the right enchi. They go from totally spectacular to "is that a normal?"

As previously mentioned, hang out til Sunday afternoon and make low offers. Nobody wants to transport animals home, and people will be dealing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Thanks. Unfortunately I've got to leave Saturday as my son starts school on Monday. Any idea why the Phantoms haven't fallen more inline with the Mystics? I know the Phantom version of the Potion didn't look exactly like the Mystic Potion but I think we've pretty much established that they are different lines of the same morph like the Butter and Lesser which just look slightly different. If the Phantom price would get inline with the Mystic then that opens up my options at the show. I just don't want to pay $1,000 more for essentially the same freaking gene.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast