Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 898

0 members and 898 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Has 8Ballpythons closed down???

Hey Everyone

You may have read my thread under enquiries but I would like to know if 8Ballpythons has closed down?

I am owed a refund but not been able to get Adam to respond to my emails
    Ball pythons:
    Normal 3.3.
    Pastel 3.2
    Albino 1.0
    Het Albino 0.1
    Piebald 0.1
    Ghost 1.1
    Het Ghost 0.1
    Pastel het Piebald 1.0
    Spider 0.1

www.AfricanBallPython.com

Thanks

Re: Has 8Ballpythons closed down???

He may just be super busy fighing the Reptile Bans.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Check out this guys struggle, its been 2 years!

Adam also has 800 from another guy

Last time I head was he was selling/has sold off his collection to help fight the legislation over here.

Its very possible that his site is down.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is so wrong. I just read through your thread trying to get a hold of him. Regardless if he is busy doing this or that, he should at least take the time to contact you AND give you a refund. Two and a half years is just ridiculous. This really rubs me the wrong way.

Being busy fighting a bill is a lame excuse.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

MazAnth (04-12-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    This is so wrong. I just read through your thread trying to get a hold of him. Regardless if he is busy doing this or that, he should at least take the time to contact you AND give you a refund. Two and a half years is just ridiculous. This really rubs me the wrong way.

Being busy fighting a bill is a lame excuse.
    Just keep in mind that being busy fighting a bill wasn't HIS excuse. It's just something thrown out there by another member.
    There's 2 sides to every story and we're really only seeing one. The OP is the only one that an explaination is owed to.
    --Walt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    The OP is the only one that an explaination is owed to.

I will probably get burned by saying this but, I disagree. Even if 8ballpythons as a business has shut down, we as a community should be given an explanation as well.

I not looking for gritty details. I just feel that the people who are owed should be repaid immediately with compensation for taking so long. I also feel the reptile community should be notified (through existing threads) that the transaction is complete and given a reason why it took so long. Adam is supposedly representing the reptile industry. Regardless of his previous good guy status these threads show that he has essentially scammed these people out of their money. I personally do not want someone like that representing me. I understand every one makes mistakes and messes up but to me 2.5 years is to long to keep someone's money. I have not seen one post where Adam has explained why it could possibly take 2.5 yrs. to issue a refund or to send the animals.

Personally I need a good explanation to feel comfortable with him representing the reptile industry. How can I feel comfortable donating to his organization? How will I know the money is going where it is supposed to go? Until I can feel comfortable with him as a representative I will give to organizations that I can feel comfortable with.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kellysballs For This Useful Post:

Alice (07-10-2010),coldblooded (07-09-2010),Custom Exotics (07-09-2010),jfreels (07-09-2010),joepythons (07-09-2010),MazAnth (04-12-2011),Sarin (07-09-2010),SlitherinSisters (07-11-2010),texanborn (05-07-2011)

Thanks

I followed this guys struggle to get back what he is "owed" for awhile now, and although he says he has all the receipts, emails etc to prove his claims he hasn't showed anything. His refund should be given immediately if he has the proof of it being owed and Adam should give him an explanation, but I also feel Adam shouldn't have to speak up until the proper proof is brought forth, maybe this is the reason for Adam not coming forth?? All we have heard is this individuals story and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and bashing Adam without anything other than one sides story. Personally if I am owed 5 grand and have proof that I am owed that money, and I haven't been able to contact that person for over two years, all my proof will be on these forums for everyone to see. Maybe Adam is in the wrong here, maybe not, lets get proof before bashing though. (This is aimed towards the long discussion going on about this topic on another forum, not here)
    Custom reptile and amphibian enclosures! As well as other custom wood working.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custom Exotics For This Useful Post:

texanborn (05-07-2011),waltah! (07-11-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post

Just to clear this up, when I said that I had thought that he had been trying for a few days to get ahold of Adam, and was trying to say that he could be out of town. Did not know that it has been a two year long issue.

I just think that Adam is a good guy, but I have not followed the story to this or any other storys to him owing people so I probably should have not responded.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrototypePythons View Post
    I followed this guys struggle to get back what he is "owed" for awhile now, and although he says he has all the receipts, emails etc to prove his claims he hasn't showed anything. His refund should be given immediately if he has the proof of it being owed and Adam should give him an explanation, but I also feel Adam shouldn't have to speak up until the proper proof is brought forth, maybe this is the reason for Adam not coming forth?? All we have heard is this individuals story and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and bashing Adam without anything other than one sides story. Personally if I am owed 5 grand and have proof that I am owed that money, and I haven't been able to contact that person for over two years, all my proof will be on these forums for everyone to see. Maybe Adam is in the wrong here, maybe not, lets get proof before bashing though. (This is aimed towards the long discussion going on about this topic on another forum, not here)
    What about the other two people on the Fauna thread who made similar claims?

I agree - proof is needed. But the silence from the accused is helping things down the road of condemnation.

Plus it was on this forum where Adam acknowledged (without going into details) that there was an issue. How hard is it to take 5 minutes and either deny or confirm the issue?

Before someone mouths off and says it's none of my business - I agree - it's everyone's business. There may be a day when the 8ball website and promos are fired up again. Potential future customers should be made aware if there are issues.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    The OP is the only one that an explaination is owed to.
    If Adam never enters the snake breeding business - yes.

If he does - no. Every potential future customer and every person thinking of donating to NatPet should be aware if something smells like fish here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast