Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,810

2 members and 2,808 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Anyone interested in playing a Fantasy type UFC game here?

Just trying to get an idea from people on what to do with it and how many people are interested in playing? If you are interested in playing just reply here and let me know. EVERYONE is welcome to play even if you know nothing about the UFC so I can get an idea of if this is worth my time or not. At the moment this game will be just for fun and no prizes are going to be won.

Right now I am thinking of a point system where we guess on the UFC that is coming up. For example: You get 1 point for guessing who is going to win the match, you get a point if you guess what round it is in that the person wins, you get a point if you guess how they win (ie, goes to the judges cards, knock out, submission etc.). I was also thinking of a point if a person guessed the time in the round that the fight ends but that is just a really long shot if guessed and in all honesty I would probably never even make a guess in that selection but if a lot of people are interested in adding it we could. I am not sure if we should do just the main events on the card or the whole entire card. The whole card seems more fun to me.

Once you post your answers you will not be able to change them unless of course if you pick a fighter that drops out of the fight due to injury or whatever reason you will be able to change that. But that is for you to know if the card changes and not my responsibility to tell any one. Of course I will do my best to say something if I know but I don't want to be held accountable for that.

I am also not sure if each UFC should be be the end of that game or after a few UFC's or after a person reaches so many points? If we end each game after each UFC and not after a person reaches so many points or after so many UFC's it will give way more people a chance to play. No one just starting out will have to catch up or wait until someone wins. I like the idea of each games ends after each UFC personally.

I need to decide how much time in advance to post a thread for everyone to make their guess in. Maybe 1 week before the fight or so and you have up until the first fight of that UFC starts to post your answers?

This game is on an individual basis. There is not need for teams or leagues as we will not have enough people to play to make that worth while IMO.

Once I get it all figured out on exactly what we intend to do I will post a sticky on exactly what the rules are.

Anyways, post in this thread if you would be interested in playing something like this so I can get a rough idea of how many people will play and your thoughts and opinions on what I have in mind Remember even if you know nothing about mma you can still play. You have at least a 50/50 shot at guessing who is going to win the fight...
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Re: Anyone interested in playing a Fantasy type UFC game here?

Ill play
    Click here to see My collection & Available> http://www.iherp.com/Public/Animals/...2-08169f5b8efc

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'd play as well.

Thanks

I'll definatly play but the winner should at least get a bp.net T-shirt!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdjudson View Post
    I'll definatly play but the winner should at least get a bp.net T-shirt!!!!!!!!
    A BP.net Tshirt would not be a bad idea as a prize. But at $20 a Tshirt and there looks to be UFC 117 Aug 7th and UFC 118 on August 28 and UFC 119 is looking to be Sept 25 Lesner vs Cain Velasquez, your talking it would cost me $60 in 2 months for people to play the game. Plus I have to keep track of everything. Maybe after a person gets so many wins they would win a Tshirt or something. Hmmmm, let me think a little more about what I could do
    Last edited by Boanerges; 07-05-2010 at 10:26 AM.
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Id hop in . Sounds like fun
    ------------------
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Bumblebee