Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,068

4 members and 1,064 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

New to Houston Area

I just moved to Houston from North Carolina. Any reptile show or rat breeder recommendations?

Thanks

Re: New to Houston Area

Welcome.... From the Beaumont area here....Ive been keeping my eye out for shows in Houston...I dont think they have them that often or I just miss them.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Welcome to Houston! Couple things that might help you. Not sure where you're located but Ultimate Reptiles in Hockley is an awesome reptile specialty store. Eric Haug, the owner, has been at it since 1973. As for rat breeders, I don't know of any in Houston but Pet Snake Snacks has been at every reptile show I've been to in Texas and I've bought from them on multiple occassions without issues. Big Cheese in Dallas is good and the shipping isn't as bad since it's in state. As for shows, I know there is the Repticon coming to Pasadena (not far at all) on 7/31-8/1 but this one is new so I can't say how good/bad it will be. The annual one put on by the East Texas Herp Society is always worth going to and this year it is 9/26 (there is actually a weekend conference but the expo is on the last day). Their site is www.eths.org. The NARBC is also doing their first Houston show on Halloween weekend. That's it for Houston shows I know of but of course San Antonio and Austin both have multiple shows a year and are within a 3 hour drive if you're up for a road trip. Hope that helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotic Exotic For This Useful Post:

PigsnPythons (07-10-2010)

Thanks

Hey i live in San Antonio. Im going to the Houston NARBC show this fall anyone else going?
    -Jake-
    Boy, n: a noise with dirt on it.

0.1 Normal "Jezebel"
    1.0 Paradox Butter "Jar Jar"
    0.1 Bee "Jaiya"
    0.1 Black Pastel "Juniper"
    0.1 Enchi "Juliet"

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'll be there for sure but probably just for feeders as I already blew part of this year's budget on two females in San Antonio (a Lesser and a Spotnose from Tracy B) and will probably blow the rest in Daytona. But who knows? Maybe I'll see something I can't pass up. I always go to the ETHS show in Houston and really want to support the first NARBC show. I'm also going to the Repticon show in Pasadena on 7/31 or 8/1.

Thanks

Thanks! That was enormously helpful! I'll probably try to go to them all! I'm excited that the Pasadena show is so close. Thanks again!

Thanks

I live in the Bellaire area of Houston.....Anyone know of a reliable reptile place close to that. It seems like the Asian population here have a couple reptile stores in Sugarland but they all seem to be absolutely gross and overcrowded. I moved from Michigan where I had a place called Pruess Pets which was pretty much the best reptile place on earth...so I need a replacement. Houston is the 4th largest city in the U.S. there has to be something here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Exotic View Post
    Welcome to Houston! Couple things that might help you. Not sure where you're located but Ultimate Reptiles in Hockley is an awesome reptile specialty store. Eric Haug, the owner, has been at it since 1973. As for rat breeders, I don't know of any in Houston but Pet Snake Snacks has been at every reptile show I've been to in Texas and I've bought from them on multiple occassions without issues. Big Cheese in Dallas is good and the shipping isn't as bad since it's in state. As for shows, I know there is the Repticon coming to Pasadena (not far at all) on 7/31-8/1 but this one is new so I can't say how good/bad it will be. The annual one put on by the East Texas Herp Society is always worth going to and this year it is 9/26 (there is actually a weekend conference but the expo is on the last day). Their site is www.eths.org. The NARBC is also doing their first Houston show on Halloween weekend. That's it for Houston shows I know of but of course San Antonio and Austin both have multiple shows a year and are within a 3 hour drive if you're up for a road trip. Hope that helps.
    I have been there, that store is Bad-Ass! My kids fed the caiman, some sort of venomous snake (cant recall name), and a big monitor lizard! We had a blast, there is a monster size sulcata tortoise right when you walk into the shop, he is awesome! Eric keep all sort of herps, if he dont have it, he can get it. They also have a store in Houston, Pets-A-Plenty, or Ultimate Reptiles as stated above. Well it looks like the Houston store is no more, only the one in Hockley, TX. Still well worth the drive, no matter where you are coming from

http://www.ultimatereptiles.com/