Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,322

1 members and 1,321 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

lesnar..carwin..TOMORROW!

It's time, and we've been waiting forever!

I hope the Lesnar we see tomorrow is going to live up to the expectations that people had for him before his maladies last year.

I'm making the unfortunate prediction that Lesnar is just going to get too tired too quickly. You don't have his health problems and come into a fight like this as prepared as you would have been without those issues.

If I had to put money on the fight, I'd put it on Carwin for sure, but I'm just hoping it is a good match with both men being capable fighters. Whoever wins, I surely won't be upset

Thanks

Re: lesnar..carwin..TOMORROW!

Two things come to mind when I think about this fight.

Carwin: How good is his cardio? Can he go more then 2 rounds?

Lesnar: His chin has not been tested in previous fights and we all know the power that Carwin possesses. Can Lesnar get past the power of Carwin?

The fight sounds good on paper but it is probably going to be a snooze fest when Lesnar takes it to the ground. Yes I believe Lesnar will out wrestle Carwin. He must first get past the power of Carwin.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

1.) Lesnar is more athletic, and some people are acting like he just got back into training, he's been training for months.

2.) Carwin has a lot of knock outs, but against how many good named opponets? Also Carwin doesn't have the stamina that Lesnar has.

If this goes past the 1st round, I see Carwin having a major struggle. I personally think both fighters are overrated, Carwin hasn't really fought anybody worth mentioning, with the exception of Mir.

Lesnar has had easy fights as he has a lot of size on his opponets, and this one will be different as they're closer in power and size.

If Lesnar plays it smart I see him winning, as I don't believe Carwin has the stamina for 2+ rounds. Lesnar is very quick for his size, but not many people have had the power to bring him down like Carwin has the power to do.

I personally would like to see Lesnar win.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

I think Lesnar is incredibly under-rated and will take this one. Carwin possesses some incredible power and yes he's closer in size and I can't recall the weigh in right now but doesn't Lesnar have him by a solid 30+lbs?

That bicep/shoulder/trap combo of Lesnar's is the most dangerous thing in all of MMA. The man is a monster and until they genetically engineer a bigger human to fight than Brock Lesnar I don't think we're gonna see the champ go down for a very long time.

Just my

Facebook.com/ToValhallaReptiles
    Instagram.com/ToValhallaReptiles

Thanks

I think the things that everyone is neglecting to consider here is that BOTH of these guys have been training to improve their stamina second, that FIVE of Carwin's twelve wins are by way of submission. The guy has a ground game. He also has a wrestling background just like Lesnar. He was a D2 champion when Lesnar was D1 champ. I agree that Carwin could very well get gassed if it goes past the 1st round but, if the doubts of his Cardio are proven wrong I think he's got one hell of a chance at taking Lesnar out.

Not to discredit Lesnar, the guy's a beast. but he's only had 5 fights or so, and he did pummel Mir in one of their two battles. However, that being said it's just my opinion that Mir is, while still a badass, not the same fighter he once was. He wasn't at the top of his prime in either of their two bouts and I don't think that Lesnar has been pushed to the limit yet. It's just my personal thought that if anyone can derail Lesnar, it'll be Carwin.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by V1L3 DiaL3cT View Post
    I think Lesnar is incredibly under-rated and will take this one. Carwin possesses some incredible power and yes he's closer in size and I can't recall the weigh in right now but doesn't Lesnar have him by a solid 30+lbs?
    That bicep/shoulder/trap combo of Lesnar's is the most dangerous thing in all of MMA. The man is a monster and until they genetically engineer a bigger human to fight than Brock Lesnar I don't think we're gonna see the champ go down for a very long time.

Just my
    They both weighed in at 265 lbs.

Jeff Bernard

Thanks

There is a lot of hype behind this bout I hope it can live up to it. My thoughts are Lesnar takes it to the ground and comes up with the win.That being said Lesnar is too cocky and disrespectful for my liking and Carwin would be my hero if he comes up with a knockout! We should start a poll on ths one I'm curious who everyone thinks is going to win.

Thanks

My bad on the weigh in.

I'm sayin' Lesnar wins.

Facebook.com/ToValhallaReptiles
    Instagram.com/ToValhallaReptiles

Thanks

Hey guys, Im leaving my house right now to go to Hooters to watch the fight not to mention some breasts and wings
    I say Carwin wins in first round. Dude is a beast.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yea, like almost two years ago lesnar would of outweighed him by 20, but he went from 285 to 265, nearly two years ago if I'm correct.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)