Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,980

4 members and 2,976 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Being fair about PetSmart (and buying your ball python from them)

The original kit i looked at was acrylic but i haddddd to listen to the girl afraid of snakes. Had a bunch of the bedding and heating supplies in it too.
    I'm new! If you have advice, I welcome your input and appreciate it as well!

Registered User predatorkeeper87's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m3gz View Post
    Been up all night as well, watching the escape artist. And chatting with you guys trying to figure out just how badly i got screwed lol
    lol it wasn't a bad time, you got your normal bp for 39 bucks, not a bad deal. The other stuff...well that's petsmarts fault for being too good at taking advantage of new pet owners. I'd suggest returning what you can to be honest, like those dumb dumb dumb temp gauges haha I hate that they push those on people...that's a quick way to ruin an animal if the person just uses them and doesn't reach out to experienced people for help.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

I know you said the little thermometers dont work right, but should it be hovering at ~70% humidity?
    50-60% is good, bumping up to 70% is good for when they are in shed though

Thanks

The original kit i looked at was acrylic but i haddddd to listen to the girl afraid of snakes. Had a bunch of the bedding and heating supplies in it too.
    I'd wager that was an exoterra setup probably. Don't feel bad they are roughly the same as just using a glass tank...no better at holding humidity or temps at all. You'll be fine lol.

Thanks

I know you said the little thermometers dont work right, but should it be hovering at ~70% humidity?
    my guess is you are probably pushing somewhere about 85-90% if that gauge says 70%. I've done comparisons with those and real digital gauges, the analog ones you have are almost guaranteed to be 10-12 degrees lower than the actual temp and humidity.

Thanks

I just like acrylic because its lighter than glass, easier to clean. Also....how does a snake escape a sock? I dont even understand whats going on at this point. I just found the little critter under my chair.

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch, is that too much humidity?

Banned
    Thanks
    Yeah, return what you can. That's what the employees are trained to do. Sell, sell, sell. They will get you the basics, but not the "right" basics.
    Don't beat yourself up, and don't overwhelm yourself reading too much stuff. It's awesome that you read all the stickies already. I almost want to tell you to forget everything else you read, but that would be irresponsible. It's good to soak up as much knowledge as you can, just be careful to make sure you're learning from credible sources. Not everything on the world-wide-interweb is quality information. After all, Abraham Lincoln was quoted saying "Don't believe half of what you read on the internet."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

rock (03-24-2017)

Thanks

XD nice try on my tired brain. But yea, i learned pretty fast to take what the internet says with a grain of salt, listening to a "rat breeding professional" almost had me kill my first pet rat.

Thanks

I just like acrylic because its lighter than glass, easier to clean. Also....how does a snake escape a sock? I dont even understand whats going on at this point. I just found the little critter under my chair.

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch, is that too much humidity?

haha they can get out, into or around anything you throw at them. they are masters of it. I had one sneak out of his tub to crawl up behind my female's tub. Only found him when I tried to slide her tub back in and hit major resistance lol.

it is too high but don't freak out, it's not going to kill the snake in a matter of days or anything lol. mine routinely spill their water and push the humidity to 99% lol.

Banned
    Thanks

XD nice try on my tired brain. But yea, i learned pretty fast to take what the internet says with a grain of salt, listening to a "rat breeding professional" almost had me kill my first pet rat.
    Hahahaha, gotta be able to have a sense of humor!!!

Honestly though, just get your girl contained and safe for now and get yourself some rest too. Try the sock again, just wrap a rubber band around the open end or something. You might want to rename this snake Houdini or something too, hahahaha!!!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast