Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,007

0 members and 3,007 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

My first online order--go figure

I just ordered a female pastel bp from benrogersreptiles.com. We had arranged for him to ship it Thursday (from CA) for Friday morning delivery. He sends it out Thursday. Friday morning rolls around... I receive nothing. We both keep calling UPS for the status of the package and they indicate that they have no records of it in their systems. He checks with the UPS store he had given the package to... nothing.

Late Friday night, I check the tracking information to find that the UPS departure scan time was 6:14pm. They received the package Thursday, but didn't ship it out until end of day on Friday?

It gets better. They have no idea where the package is at this very moment, but had reschedule delivery for Monday and say that they can't change it to Saturday delivery.

Has anyone ever experience something like this and still received the snake alive? This is my first online purchase and it makes me want to burn down these slack delivery businesses and kick every one of their employees in the teeth.

Thanks

Re: My first online order--go figure

I have never had anything like that ever happen, but if I were you, I would call and try and explain that there is a live animal in that box and that it will die. In this situation, I personally would not take no for an answer, especially since it was their mistake in the first place. I wish you and that poor snake the best of luck, I hope it makes it okay.
    Ball Pythons:
    0.1.0 Bumble Bee- Schnapps
    0.1.0 Pinstripe- Penny
    0.1.0 Super Cinnamon- Cleo
    0.1.0 Albino- Daiquiri
    0.1.0 Low White Piebald- Hershey
    1.0.0 Low White Piebald- Reese
    1.0.0 Paradox Super Cinnamon- Dash
    1.0.0 100% Het. Albino- Jester
    1.0.0 50% Het. Albino Jake

Thanks

We already let them know that there is a live animal in the box. It is also clearly marked as such. And yet they still rescheduled for MONDAY delivery when they've had the package since THURSDAY. If they had one bit of common sense, they would have contacted the shipper and let him know that they were not able to get the package out on time and asked him to take the package back and reship it at a later time, but I guess that is just too much to ask of some employees these days

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

I would contact one of the supervisors directly or actually have the shipper contact his rep.Thats why no one likes to ship out past Wendsday just incase of this happening.I hope you get your snake safe
    Joe Haggard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

muddoc (06-22-2010)

Thanks

I really would not be able to let that go, you should tell them that you will sue them for the value of the animal for their negligence and refusal to ship in a timely manner. Keep asking for their superior if they will not help you, and make sure you get their first and last names. Make sure you have some sort of tracking number or reference number for the package so they can know what you are talking about. I'm really sorry this is happening to you and that poor little snake, but you are most likely going to have to be rude to get what needs to be done, my Dad actually works for UPS, if you wanted I could even see if he could help in this matter as he is a manager. He may even be able to give some advice that other might not be able to give.
    Ball Pythons:
    0.1.0 Pinstripe- Penny
    0.1.0 Albino- Daiquiri

Thanks

I am definitely not going to let this go. Right now, they are unable to pinpoint exactly where the package is. All they're able to tell me is that it is "In Transit". I, sadly, doubt that the animal is going to arrive alive and well on Monday. The seller already offered to refund me my money should the animal not arrive in good condition, but UPS certainly has not heard the end of this.

How would I go about finding who is responsible/suing and what not?

Thanks

I'm not sure you could pin point one individual, that would most likely be a lost cause. You would have to sue the whole company of UPS. As for the snake living, I have heard stories of them living through worse, they are just sick. As for your breeder, I think you have found one that really cares and is going above and beyond as it is not required for them to give you a refund if the snake arrives dead because it is out of their control.
    Ball Pythons:
    0.1.0 Pinstripe- Penny
    0.1.0 Albino- Daiquiri

Thanks

my buddy down here as an exotics store, when he went to PA for a herp show he spent A LOT of money on reptiles. he shipped them here to El Paso from his hometown in PA but all the animals got stuck in atlanta somewhere, then they got stuck in dallas. he had to change his flights and get hotel rooms and everything just so he could make sure the people were tracking his animals, and half the time they didnt know what was going on. so it does happn sometimes, and his animals were all safe and healthy when they got her
    A room full of empty racks and thermostats that have been unplugged.

*Chris*

Thanks

I don't know all the specifics, but someone here had their snake shipped USPS (which is totally illegal) and that package was lost as well. I can't remember how many days it took him to get it, but he did eventually and the babies were alive. They were cold, but alive.

I'm sorry I don't know more about the story, but maybe someone will. I really hope the baby gets to you safe and sound. Good luck!
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

Thanks

This has happened to me, only I was the shipper. I packed the snake up, sent it out for overnight delivery and low and behold the next morning the snake wasn't there. So we tracked it down and it was somewhere a few states north when it was supposed to go to Florida from GA (if I remember correctly). We contacted the shipping company and told them the deal, and they said that there was a detour or a route or something and that all packages were sent there for holding but that they would try and find it and get it sent down.

We just kept calling and calling them, and finally a WEEK later, it got there.. she was a bit thirsty, but fine. Luckily the temperatures were very mild.

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast