Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,221

1 members and 3,220 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Rampage Blames Loss to Rashad on Injury and..

It didn't take Quinton Rampage Jackson long after his unanimous decision loss to Rashad Evans at UFC 114 to pull a Tito Ortiz. Just two and a half weeks after the bout and Rampage has already formulated his own "cracked skull" defense.

Speaking with Fighters Only this week, the A-Team star explained away his less than stellar performance in the bout.

“I apologize for the fight not so much because I lost but because of how it went down. I always like to put on exciting fights for the fans but Rashad came out to use that ‘Greg Jackson’ plan: be boring and squeak out a victory. So that bothers me more than the loss... I remember one other thing he was doing - he was punching me in my knee! It was weird because I had suffered a real bad knee injury in camp but we kept it secret, we didn’t say anything about it and we didn’t even tell the UFC. I told my doctor and that was it, he helped me out but I was going to back out of the fight. The only reason I didn’t back out was the fight had been so hyped and I didn’t want to disappoint the fans. Why was he punching me in the knee though? That’s kind of weird - did he find out about the injury? I don’t know. Its weird.”

He went on to say that he held back from finishing Rashad after rocking him with a punch in the bout because he was worried Evans would take him down and make the fight even more boring than it already was.

“The reason why [I didn't finish him when I had him stunned] is because I thought he wanted me to rush in so he could take me down again. That’s the worst time to rush in and take somebody out. So the whole time I was walking on eggshells and trying to keep him from taking me down because Rashad is an awesome wrestler and I was having trouble getting up off the floor. So I figured if I rushed in he was gonna take me down."

One movie under his belt and already Rampage is more concerned about the entertainment value of a project than finishing production.

How "Hollywood" of him.
    -Cage Potato
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Re: Rampage Blames Loss to Rashad on Injury and..

Hhhmmm!