Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,892

2 members and 2,890 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

North GA - Flipper that sells to local pet stores....

I have not gotten his name yet. I have gotten pretty close to my local pet store and found out that the "company" is Exotic Jungle Reptiles. I can't find anything on them in GA. There is a company in Florida by that name but I don't think they are related.

I have nothing bad to say about this guy, but I would like to contact him considering I received two snakes from him and I am interested in cutting out the middle man, not that I don't want to support my local pet store which I do like (Joe, Kyle, Alex, any of you guys reading), but because I want to grow my collection without breaking the bank. I will still purchase my live and frozen feeders as well as supplements and other such stuff from them, I like them.

This same guy sells to Pet Land in Kennesaw. My store is in Marietta on the east side. I also believe that he sells to a place in Lawrenseville and a shop south of Atlanta. He always has a great selection of stuff, but he doesn't ever seem approachable to me when I see him in person. I even brought the two snakes I purchased to a small reptile show he was throwing and rather than answer my questions he was trying to sell me a tiger retic and tried to get me to believe there were only seven of them in the US.................dot dot dot. Probably used this tactic because he thought I was in impulse buyer because I bought my ball from him (he sold to the store) the day it came in to the store and that story got back to him.

Anyway, I'd like to get a hold of him because he could save me some money on the next few purchases I want to make which my local pet store won't pick up unless I special order it and put a deposit on it without seeing it.

tl;dr - anyone know the guy that sells reptiles to shops north of the perimeter?
    -J.B.
    http://www.iherp.com/jfreels
    Technology & Reptile mashup blog
    YouTube Channel
    "STOP ANTHROPOMORPHIZING YOUR ANIMALS." - WesleyTF

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: North GA - Flipper that sells to local pet stores....

And this someone you want to buy animals from.. after all of the sleezy vibes you've gotten off of him..your still willing to give your hard earned money to this person.. ?
    Last edited by waltah!; 06-09-2010 at 03:13 PM.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Freakie_frog For This Useful Post:

Beardedragon (06-09-2010),dc4teg (07-20-2010),joepythons (06-13-2010),MissDixie (07-18-2010),rabernet (06-10-2010),Swingline0.0.1 (06-10-2010),waltah! (06-09-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

With so many great and approachable breeders out there I wouldn't hand my cash to someone like that. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to find him to give it to him.
    --Walt

5. The Following User Says Thank You to waltah! For This Useful Post:

Swingline0.0.1 (06-10-2010)

Thanks

I didn't mean to make him sound "sleezy". I didn't want to extend my large post with even more text, but I understand why he wouldn't be approachable. I only see him at the petstores and usually when the manager or even higher ups are around. I could understand why he wouldn't want me to try and strike deals with him when when the company he sells retiles too is in the same vicinity. I'm sure he's had words with the shops that he won't try and steal business. I can understand that.

As far as the tiger retic, yeah, that was pretty lame. He's also wheelin' and dealin' whenever I see him, either getting payment from the pet store or selling to people on behalf of the pet store during one of his little shows.

I have seen a good portion of his animals and they are always healthy and well taken care of. I even got to see his huge red tegu which is a family pet. Sorry if I fumbled with my words.
    -J.B.
    YouTube Channel

Thanks

I haven't met or seen this guy you're talking about, but I wouldn't give him my money either. There's a ton of great breeders here in the Atlanta area that are honest and upfront (Trey Bernard, Robin Abernethy, Albey, just to name a few... there are many more!)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to coldblooded For This Useful Post:

rabernet (06-10-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

You have 20 or more of the best breeders out there right here on this forum. Why take a chance with a filthy flipper? Makes no sence to me. Best of luck to you though.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

it is your money..I'm not going to tell you how or where or with who to spend it..but please concider this..

1: this is a business man, his job is to sale reptiles..if you can't approach him to buy one how will you feel if something goes wrong.

2: there is never an excuse to lie to a customer EVER.. the thing with the Tiger retic tells me one of two things either a - He's to stupid to know any better or; b - he thinks you're to stupid to know any better. Neither is a quality I find attractive in a potentional seller.

This person maybe able to save you some good money but at what cost..Flipper thing aside just from what I've read this guy wants your money not your business.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Is it just me or is that a whiff of Tuna I smell?
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

You guys make great points. I'm not looking for just BPs though. I have signed up at faunaclassifieds so I can find some local breeders, but maybe I'm not doing it correctly or I'm missing something....

If I had gotten his contact information through this forum, I would have contacted him about getting a ceratophrys, any albino species or an ornata. He has these, so that's why I would like to get in contact with him. I saw them last weekend and they were very healthy. I am NOT paying the petstore price of $60 for one though. I also hear he has a columbian rainbow boa which I would like to see in person. I do not want to purchase it, but I have not seen one in person. Also, I made a post a while back about a malnurished leopard gecko. The animal was healthy when it was sold to the store, and he took it back after it dropped it's tail and lost weight. I would like to know it's OK because I was going to purchase it at cost but he had picked it up earlier that day to nurse it back to health.

I guess I just don't know enough local people into reptiles yet. I have no friends with reptiles and I'm constantly badgered about my new found love and hobby. Repticon can't get here soon enough
    -J.B.
    YouTube Channel

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

No clue who you're talking about, but he doesn't sound like someone I'd want to support.

Repticon is just a month away, what's the rush?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast