Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,224

1 members and 3,223 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Different Types of Morph Defects?

Has there been a thread made on the different types of morph defects? I hear of all these different defects and I'm a bit interested in actually seeing photos and reading up on them.

I heard about the missing eye(s) which I haven't seen, and the duckbills which I haven't seen either. I know about kinks and the wobble in Spiders, but I'm sure there are other defects that I don't know about.

Any links & pictures will be much appreciated, I'd love to read up on the defects. I guess it'll be good to know since I'll be breeding soon enough.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Re: Different Types of Morph Defects?

Caramels = Kinks
    Spiders = Wobble
    Super Cinnamons = Duck billing
    Eye missing....not sure. Maybe birth defect. I know it happens in things like turtles, but I haven't seen it in balls yet.
    I saw the scale-less one, but that's not a morph defect, just birth...horrible though it is.

I know there are more, but I can't think of them atm.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.VinczeBPs View Post
    Caramels = Kinks
    Spiders = Wobble
    Super Cinnamons = Duck billing
    Eye missing....not sure. Maybe birth defect. I know it happens in things like turtles, but I haven't seen it in balls yet.
    I saw the scale-less one, but that's not a morph defect, just birth...horrible though it is.

I know there are more, but I can't think of them atm.
    I'm not sure which one was the eye missing, but I know for a fact in Albino boas they have that defect.

Isn't the Scale-less Ball python a new morph? I know someone produced it, I remember reading a thread on here about it.

Are there any defects you can think of? I'm sure there was more, just can't think of them.

I knew about duck billing in Super Cinnamons. Super Cinnamons are pretty mean though, this one I handled at the expo was pretty feisty. Very hyper, willing to snap. Gladly it didn't strike or bite me, but I know it was thinking about it LOL.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

super black pastels also have the duck billing
    0.1 Blue Beauty Snake

1.2 Normals
    0.1 Mystic
    0.1 Pastel Poss Het Ghost
    1.0 Banana Bumblebee

0.1 Common Snapping Turtle

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioTiffany View Post
    I'm not sure which one was the eye missing, but I know for a fact in Albino boas they have that defect.

Isn't the Scale-less Ball python a new morph? I know someone produced it, I remember reading a thread on here about it.

Are there any defects you can think of? I'm sure there was more, just can't think of them.

I knew about duck billing in Super Cinnamons. Super Cinnamons are pretty mean though, this one I handled at the expo was pretty feisty. Very hyper, willing to snap. Gladly it didn't strike or bite me, but I know it was thinking about it LOL.
    It was never proven genetic, or at least not when I first heard about it (year an a half ago? 2 years?) and I hope it's a fluke.
    I said it was never a morph defect in balls, the missing eye thing, boas yes, but I don't think there is a ball one...yet.

I know there is more, but again, it's like 3am here and the brain stops working.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.VinczeBPs View Post
    It was never proven genetic, or at least not when I first heard about it (year an a half ago? 2 years?) and I hope it's a fluke.
    I said it was never a morph defect in balls, the missing eye thing, boas yes, but I don't think there is a ball one...yet.

I know there is more, but again, it's like 3am here and the brain stops working.
    I read somewhere that this one morph in BPs causes an eye to be missing, unless I'm just thinking of boas.

Another one is bug-eyes with the Super Lessers and Super Butters, need to se that one. I've held some bug-eye BEL Texas Rats before, and those are kinda freaky.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

As far as deformities go, this is all I know at the moment:

Caramels & Caramel Albinos: spinal kinking

Super Cinnamons & Super Black Pastels: duck bills & spinal deformities

Super Lessers & Super Butters: bug-eyes

Spider: wobble & corkscrew

I've got a Spider and he's never shown any wobbling symptoms, but when he wanders around his tub I notice he twists or corkscrews his body, although it isn't severe.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Yes, they are weird deformations, but I don't think they impact the snakes ability to be a snake. And I don't think the snakes are intelligent enough to care. The impact of these is all in people's perception, although the fear of other, unseen complications is real.

The scaleless can't be that bad. I don't know why people think it's so horrible. They still have skin. Just no armor.
    Most questions are answered here.

GENERATION 25:
    The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

1.0 '10 cinnamon bp
    1.0 Coluber constrictor constrictor
    1.1 gargoyle geckos
    0.2 normal bp
    0.1 beautiful normal bp RIP
    1.0 '04 het pied bp RIP