Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,054

3 members and 3,051 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Jarrod Wyatt, MMA Fighter, Allegedly Ripped out Friend Taylor Powell's Heart

NEW YORK (CBS) Jarrod Wyatt is charged with murdering his sparring partner, Taylor Powell, after he allegedly removed his friend's heart, tongue and most of his face.

According to reports, police who responded to the March 21 scene in Klamath, Calif. said the 26-year-old mixed martial arts fighter was under the influence of psychedelic drugs when he allegedly drilled an 18-inch hole into the victim's chest.

Wyatt was apparently convinced that the world was about to end and that Powell, 21, was the Devil, according to the Times-Standard.

"Satan was in that dude," Wyatt allegedly told Del Norte County Police Sgt. Elwood Lee, who responded to the scene.

Lee told the northern California paper that Wyatt also cooked Powell's severed body parts in a wood stove because he thought Powell was still alive.

According to his lawyer, Wyatt suffered a psychotic breakdown because of the drugs.

"My client was trying to silence the devil," Wyatt's defense attorney James Fallman told the Times-Standard.

Wyatt was arrested and charged with first-degree murder. He appeared in court Tuesday, according to the paper, but did not enter a plea.
    I don't know what to say about all that
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Re: Jarrod Wyatt, MMA Fighter, Allegedly Ripped out Friend Taylor Powell's Heart

BY Nick Klopsis
    DAILY NEWS WRITER

Monday, May 31st 2010, 10:59 AM

Del Norte County Sheriff's Dept.Jarrod Wyatt Related NewsArticles
    Southern California police find severed head believed to be victim of murder-for-profit plotSupreme Court rules out life sentences without parole for juveniles who haven't killed someoneSandra Cantu murderer pleads guilty to dodge death penalty2 Indiana boys accused of killing one's stepdad in attempt to run awayA California judge upheld charges of murder against a mixed martial arts fighter on Friday after the man allegedly cut the victim's heart out of his chest.

Mixed martial arts fighter Jarrod Wyatt, 26, was reportedly under the influence of psychedelic drugs when witnesses said he and his sparring partner, Taylor Powell, became preoccupied with the notion that the end of the world was near and that there would be a final struggle between God and the devil, the Times-Standard reports.

Del Norte County Police Sgt. Elwood Lee, who responded to the incident early March 21, said that Wyatt told him at the scene that he saw the devil in Powell's face and that "'Satan was in that dude.'" He allegedly cut an 18-inch hole in Powell's chest, removed his heart, cut his tongue off and removed a majority of Powell's face.

Lee also said that Wyatt admitted he had cooked the body parts in a wood stove at the Klamath residence because he thought that Powell was still alive and that he needed to "stop the devil."

"At one point," Lee said in court, "[Wyatt] asked if we were God, or if we were God coming to save him."

Detective Ed Fleshman, who testified that he spoke with Wyatt in a holding cell later that morning, said that Wyatt told him that he, Powell and two other friends had drunk hallucinogenic mushroom tea prior to the incident.

When one friend, Justin Davis, tried to leave the scene, Wyatt reportedly tried to stop him, saying that a tidal wave was coming. Davis left to go to nearby Crescent City but returned later to get his dog, when he saw a struggle ensuing in the living room and proceeded to call 911.

Wyatt's ex-girlfriend, Billy Jo Bailey, was also at the scene and said that she noticed a change in Powell's behavior after drinking the tea. Powell reportedly told Wyatt "You wanna blanking die" three times before the two started to fight.

In addition to counts of aggravated mayhem and torture, Wyatt faces a first-degree murder charge in the incident. Whether the murder charge will stand, however, depends on premeditation -- whether Wyatt acted with "malice aforethought."

James Fallman, Wyatt's defense attorney, argued that Wyatt was having a psychotic break and therefore had no control over his actions.

"My client was trying to silence the devil," Fallman said.

However, prosecutors argue that the act of removing Powell's heart, tongue and face took enough time to prove evidence of intent.
    -Italicized word was added by me to replace a word that went against our TOS
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Re: Jarrod Wyatt, MMA Fighter, Allegedly Ripped out Friend Taylor Powell's Heart

What the hell! No pun intended :p

that is insane. must have been one horrible trip... Just another reason I don't want to take hallucinigens.

Thanks

I don't think Wyatt would do good on acid.

But, anyways, I'd like to see Wyatt and his lawyer in court. I want to see what they would use as an excuse for someone who was high and mutilated a friend, and sparring partner. Especially since he was hallucinating about "Devils", and the end of the world.

That's insane.
    ~!* Mackenzie R. *!~
    (Middletown, Ohio, USA)
    ~ 1.0.0 python regius "*Ozzy*". ~

Formerly known as " Sadistic Serpent "

Thanks

OMG is that real??? Some people need to stay far away from the drugs. That is just awful I feel sorry for the family's. Can you imagine "waking up" and finding out you did that to someone? I bet it will haunt him for the rest of his life.