Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,294

0 members and 1,294 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: 2 African Greys

Thanks

2 African Greys

Cleo, has a feather picking problem that I have been working on for awhile now, I've had him for about 12 years, very nice and gentle bird

Pookey, unpredictable personality, sometimes he'll be calm and nice and other times he may snap at you and give you a hard bite, I've had him for about 11 years......

If anybody has advice on a feather picking solution, I would greatly appreciate it, I've tried various sprays and supplements but nothing seems to be working

Thanks

Re: 2 African Greys

90% of the time its an emotional response, not dietary. It could be Pookey honestly, you said yourself he is unpredictable. Or it could be any new thing in the environment. Try switching cage placement, different toys, putting furniture in different spots. My Gray doesnt like anything like coat hangers brooms stuff like that, she is very sensitive to certain things around her. You can also try playing soothing music around Cleo, our gray "Onyx" she definately reacts to music. She actually has her own radio and her favorite song. Just play around with things, see what happens. Worth a try. Good Luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to myreptilehabit For This Useful Post:

annihilator_33 (05-26-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myreptilehabit View Post
    90% of the time its an emotional response, not dietary. It could be Pookey honestly, you said yourself he is unpredictable. Or it could be any new thing in the environment. Try switching cage placement, different toys, putting furniture in different spots. My Gray doesnt like anything like coat hangers brooms stuff like that, she is very sensitive to certain things around her. You can also try playing soothing music around Cleo, our gray "Onyx" she definately reacts to music. She actually has her own radio and her favorite song. Just play around with things, see what happens. Worth a try. Good Luck!
    i think cage isolation might be the route i take, i wouldn't seperate them completely (leave them in the same room but in different cages) but give them their own certified space

Thanks

Beautiful Greys!!!! I absolutely love them and hope to someday own one. Too bad they'll outlive my grandkids...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alohareptiles For This Useful Post:

annihilator_33 (07-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pandp View Post
    Beautiful Greys!!!! I absolutely love them and hope to someday own one. Too bad they'll outlive my grandkids...
    thanks for the compliment!
    Sacramento Kings, Kansas City Chiefs, New Mexico State Aggies, Kansas Jayhawks