Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,574

1 members and 1,573 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Bp misssssing!!!

Hello I'm quite freaked out my BP ive ahd for about 7 months has just gone missing. today was his feeding day i opened up teh tank and he was just gone. I believe my sister ahd probably taken a look n not shut it properly. But anyhow I have a box with a mous in my room to warm hides set up and my lights off and my door sealed. If there is anything else i could do please let me know

Thanks

Re: Bp misssssing!!!

Haha little snakes are the worst! I had one a few years ago that was out roaming for about 3 months before we found him in the vacuum sweeper hose. After ripping your place apart looking up and down, all you can do is wait and hope to see him wondering around somewhere.

My boa used to get out every now and then becuase I left a rat in his enclosure and it chewed a hole in the screen. I finally got it fixed but he managed to sneak out a hand full of times before I did. I always found him under the couch or behind the fridge. Thankfully hes 6ft long so he is a little harder to miss though

Thanks

They are more active at night so thats the best time to search for him. also look at places that is warmer than the rest of the house. like under the fridge, any warm spots. it you have hard floors you can put down flour by the walls to see it he crawl thru it and left tracks. everything is new to him right now and that usually makes them more active so make it dark where you think he might be, be quiet use a flashlight and look for him.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to don15681 For This Useful Post:

ericzerka24 (05-21-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by don15681 View Post
    They are more active at night so thats the best time to search for him. also look at places that is warmer than the rest of the house. like under the fridge, any warm spots. it you have hard floors you can put down flour by the walls to see it he crawl thru it and left tracks. everything is new to him right now and that usually makes them more active so make it dark where you think he might be, be quiet use a flashlight and look for him.
    Thats a good idea!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Sprinkle baby powder on the floor and follow any trails.

Thanks

That is the worst when they get out. I have had a few escape and they always seem to show up somewhere. Just check all the small areas you can. They will search for heat. We have found some of our snakes coming out of the stove and one in our toaster. They usually don't go too far when they get out. Just keep Looking!

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

I had one hide in a stereo speaker once... turns out there was a hole in the back, and she climbed right in and took a nap. Took me four hours to find her.

If you think the snake is still in the same room, I recommend turning all the lights out this evening after it gets dark, stepping out of the room for 15 minutes (with the door closed), and then coming back in quietly and listening for 5 or 10 minutes. They're not perfectly quiet, and I've often caught my escapees rustling around in piles of paper or knocking glasses together on shelves--sometimes before I've even noticed they've escaped.

I do like the baby powder idea! Might not work if you live with a spouse/parent/roommate who doesn't want baby powder everywhere.
    -Jackie Monk