Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,123

1 members and 3,122 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo review

Well, I went to the Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo today. It was nice, and I picked up some decent animals for great prices. I still spent WAY to much money but my wife was half the culprit... lol

So anyway I wanted to post my personal review of the show, and some vendors.

1.) The expo in general was very nice. There were some VERY nice animals there as well as some very nice people. There was also a very large turn-out so it was a bit hard to get to some of the booths. I eventually gave up on trying to get to a couple of them.

Vendors:
    1.) Art In Scales - As usual Michelle and Randy are just awesome! The are very informative, and you can tell by the way they run their business that it's about the love for the animals. I've bought I believe 5 animals from them this year, and they're all my best quality animals. Also their son has some absolutely stunning corn snakes for sale.

2.) Steel City Constrictors - He's got a very nice selection of animals. Probably the most variety at the show today. The curly headed kid ( probably late teens or early 20's ) that helped me choose my animals was a great help. The other guy ( I assume the owner ) seemed to busy to deal with customers, but that's the business sometimes I guess. Anyway I picked up two animals from them. The tiger retic male is awesome. The granite albino burm is nice, but she's got a kink near the end of the tail that I wish I'd had caught before I purchased her.

3. CornQuest - Wow, she didn't have the largest booth at the expo, but what amazing animals. I own retics, burms, balls, kings, boas, geckos, beardies, and corns. For the most part my jaw drops when I see the big boids still, but I've never been so impressed with a corn snake collection. I purchased a pair of hypo 100% double het caramel stripe corns. I couldn't be happier with them!

Boas and Balls: Boas and Balls had a nice collection of well... Boas, and ball pythons. After about 2 seconds at their booth I saw a caramel albino ball python that I absolutely wanted. I waited by it for about 5 minutes while nobody even recognized that I was there so I finally had to go somewhere else to look. Sadly I didn't find another one with the same quality, but that's life I guess.

Clock Work Reptiles: They had an awesome set up, just nothing I was needing this time. Last expo I bought a great graziani line pastel from them. They're also very helpful.

There were a lot of other vendors there that for the most part had some awesome animals. I wish I could have walked away with all of them, but... So all in all it was a great show. I also saw an awesome giant pede that I wanted for $30, and we forgot to go back to the table before we left!

Thanks

Re: Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo review

I just got back to from there. I agree was nice, I didnt have any money to spend really so I couldnt get much but...I did end up getting a pixie frog from...im not sure but he was the first vendor with all the turtles. and the crocodile monitor. How ever my friend ended up with alot more then me.

She got 3 dart frogs two blue and one green and blk one. she won all the cages at the raffle and got a crested gecko.

I was rather excited for it being my first, now I really want to go to one of the bigger shows in cali or florida.

hopfully I will be outta debt and be able to get more things AND NOT FORGET MY CAMERA the next go around in august.

my only complaint about the show was the diffrence in prices in supplies (not the actual reptiles) between vendor to vendor. one vendor had a screen terrirum for 55 and the other had it for 75. I dont see how that would but idk.

There where some great deals there for animals. Willards rodent factory had 1.2 ASF set ups for $25. I dont remember the vendors name but she had crested geckos half off for most of the time.

but overall rating 4/5 stars

any one got pictures?
    0.1 Normal Bella
    1.1 het pied caboose, bones
    1.0 pastel Rasputant
    2.1.2 Crested geckos, Bob, kirmet & sweetheart
    0.1 Bearded dragon, Sargenta
    1.1 Ferrets Treble and roseta
    1.1 Dogs, cavalier King Charles, Leonidas, Airedale terrier, Sadie
    0.0.1 King Dot dash, Diamond Back
    ~Why yes my house is a zoo why do you ask?~

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It was a kick a$$ show. I am so sorry dturner, that we did not see you waiting. We had a family emergency and Ken had to go home. The people that were helping me in the booth were trying their best. I ended up with the supplies most of the day.

I did sell the caramel she was nice.
    I've always been a boa girl at heart.
    Where reptiles are not just apart of our lives, they are our lives.
    They are Living art.

www.boasandballs.com

Thanks

Wow Lynn, sorry to hear about that. Did everything turn out alright with the family emergency?

Gotta say that was an awesome looking caramel. Hope you'll let me know when you get another one available.

Thanks

yes the show was really good!

thanks lynn
    YAY!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dturner100 View Post
    Wow Lynn, sorry to hear about that. Did everything turn out alright with the family emergency?

Gotta say that was an awesome looking caramel. Hope you'll let me know when you get another one available.
    Yea things are getting better. I hope to have some this year.
    I've always been a boa girl at heart.
    Where reptiles are not just apart of our lives, they are our lives.
    They are Living art.

www.boasandballs.com