Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,773

2 members and 2,771 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

shipping multiple ball pythons?

i need to get four ball pythons shipped to me. whats the cheapest way of doing so? i looked on shipyourreptiles and they charge by the box and there kits only come with two bags for two snakes. and for there biggest box was over sixty to ship.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Re: shipping multiple ball pythons?

Shipping reptiles isn't cheap as they are seriously expedited shipments. Get the proper box sized for the amount/size of your animals and a couple of extra snake bags. Follow the packing and shipping procedures on SYR and you'll be fine. Most breeders charge around $50 to ship a single animal so $60 to ship four is reasonable. Using the correct shipping methods is well worth the money. Whatever you do don't try to find alternative methods due to cost as it's not worth the risk.
    I'm sure others with tons of shipping experience will chime in here. Good luck.
    --Walt

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waltah! For This Useful Post:

BallPythonMan (04-21-2010)

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you are getting four animals shipped to you (depending on size), the cheapest you will be able to get them to you at the safest amount of time for the animals will be more than $100.

The box itself will be around $10-$20 if you don't buy bulk, on top of the heat pack, the Styrofoam, and the packing materials.

Then, you pay for overnight shipping, the latest arrival that is safe is next day early afternoon, depending on the temperatures. A bigger box will cost more, but you are looking at at least $60+.

All of this will add up, but you need to keep the safety of the animals your first priority. It wouldn't make sense to pay less for cheaper shipping and then receive four dead animals because of penny pinching.

Keep that in mind, and good luck.
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyOhh For This Useful Post:

BallPythonMan (04-21-2010)

Thanks

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but if you are to RECEIVE 4 snakes it is up to what the shipper feels is safe. Meaning if he or her chooses to use a larger box for the safety of the animals that is his choice. Now if you are willing to waive live arrival guarentee I'm sure he may ship them how you want as opposed to what is right. (I wouldn't though)

As for shipping rates, I personally usually charge a flat $50 or include it in the price of the animal.

Problems do happen with shipping and it does not make sense to cut corners there. Here is a link to a nightmare I went through in Nov. http://heathersherpsblog.blogspot.co...1_archive.html Scroll down to Nov. 18th. If this animal was not packaged properly it would have never made it. While you're there enjoy the site, it is a lovely one by a stand up person.
    Last edited by xdeus; 04-22-2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: fixed link