Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,203

0 members and 3,203 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Brett Rogers on Overeem...

American heavyweight Brett Rogers gets genuinely angry when the subject of Alistair Overeem comes up. An incident in a hotel last year, where Overeem supposedly gave him the brush-off, has provided Rogers with a very real dislike of the Strikeforce champion.

So much so that he carries a picture of Overeem around with him. Speaking to Fighters Only, he produced the picture from his pocket and began railing against the Strikeforce heavyweight champion, who he fights on May 15th.

“This is him right here, looking like a darn chipmunk. This dude is a pretty boy at heart, I swear to god I am going to crush him,” Rogers said as he brandished the photograph.

“He is one of those guys that is just real cocky and arrogant. I don’t like him. Its gonna be a fun fight because I don’t like him. He is on talking he is going to smack me when he sees me? I am definitely going to put that to the test whenever I see him.”

“A lot of people don’t understand this, I have been trying to get at him for the past year, like before the Andrei [Arlovski] fight. Right after the Abongo fight I was gunning for him. I figured why not go for the top, you know? There is no other reason to be fighting unless you’re fighting for the title,” he added.

Rogers is coming off a loss to Fedor Emelianenko but says he would like revenge on the Russian if he can get past Overeem and claim the Strikeforce heavyweight title. “I know I can beat him. When I went into the fight I guess my mind was just playing tricks on me. I was expecting to fight somebody different, I was expecting him to be a little more aggressive,” he says of the fight he lost to Fedor by way of second-round stoppage.
    From Fighters only magazine
    Italicized word was changed by me to comply with TOS
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Re: Brett Rogers on Overeem

I think Bret Rogers is good but I do not think he will beat Overeem. I don't understand how he thought he could just fight Overeem for the title without working his way up to a title fight?
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Re: Brett Rogers on Overeem...

i think its a really bad idea for the promoters to put together this fight. i understand overeem not wanting to fight fedor for his first defense back. but fedor just knocked bret rogers out! so what if bret rogers wins? then he fights fedor again? i dont like it. why not antonio "big foot' silva?

Thanks

Re: Brett Rogers on Overeem...

Quote Originally Posted by merdcme View Post
    i think its a really bad idea for the promoters to put together this fight. i understand overeem not wanting to fight fedor for his first defense back. but fedor just knocked bret rogers out! so what if bret rogers wins? then he fights fedor again? i dont like it. why not antonio "big foot' silva?
    Overeem wants to fight Fedor but Fedor does not want to fight him unless they fight some where that they test for steroinds I beleive. And I can respect that. Fedor is still weird though. He is very worried about money and I think he is even more worried about money if there is a good chance he will lose. He is the top ranked heavy weight and has been for awhile. As long as he keps dodging the people who will give him the most problems he will stay top dog. I really like Fedor but all the nonsense gets really tiring and is sad after awhile.
    Jeff Bernard