Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,098

0 members and 3,098 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Lemonback Pic

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts

Re: Lemonback Pic

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gunns View Post

This is what separates the rookies from the pros. Now BG wants everyone to brace themselves for what's coming.
    I never claimed myself to be a pro. In fact, Ill probably still be rookie for many years to come. It's EXACTLY why I joined this forum.....so I could hang out and learn something with pros like you! But alas, it doesn't matter to me, as I have a tiny collection with few morphs. My collection is probably laughable compared to yours, and many of the breeders on this forum, for that matter. And regardless of what they are, or what they will be, I care not about that either. I love them all the same, and all my snakes are special to me.

Besides Neil, not everyone is a born pro like you, everyone else had to start off being a rookie.....
    Last edited by 4theSNAKElady; 04-17-2010 at 03:21 PM.
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..

Thanks

Now how many of you have pulled out some of your nice yellow "normals" and are thinking you hit the jackpot?
    Jackpot!!!! oh wait j/k

us pros are pretty good at picking them out. We probably would have spotted it long before it ever made it out to the general public, but you never know.
    hmm what if you buy unsorted/opened grab bags?
    Lotsa Balls and more

http://www.tessadasexotics.com/

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snakegrl View Post
    LOve it!!!!!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jben View Post
    really nice lemonback
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EmberBall View Post
    Louis, wicked looking snake, I love the reduced pattern. Do you know where Pro Exotics got the original. I ask because about 5 years ago, I was talking over the net to a guy who had a Fire looking snake that he called Lemonback Hypos....wonder if PE bought out his project, or if the name was just coincidence.

As far as comparison shots go, I think there is going to be a drastic amount of differing color and patterns in each line. I honestly think you could take two Sulfurs and post pics side by side and they would look different. I think you could take two Fires and put them side by side and they would look different. There is a wide range of appearance inside each morph/line. I produced a very dark and granite looking Sulfur back in 06. I have also produced light and clean Sulfurs. This past year, I produced a few Embers, and all looked similar except one bright orange one. (if you want to see pics, I think there is a thread on here under Emberball comparison or something like that)

I would say, if there are going to be comparisons, everyone has to agree on one snake from each line as a representitive snake, and as an average look for the line, in order for there to be a meaninful comparison of the lines. Or, take 5 random Sulfurs, 5 random Lemonbacks, and 5 random Fires, and do a comparison that way.

Dave
    Thanks Dave! Good post! I agree with your comments.

I don't know the origin of the original Lemonback. If Albey happens to read this maybe he knows.
    "Selective Breeding Begins With Selective Buying"

Louis Kirkland
    Stealth Exotics on facebook
    Cornerstone Reptiles on facebook

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Louis, wicked looking snake, I love the reduced pattern. Do you know where Pro Exotics got the original. I ask because about 5 years ago, I was talking over the net to a guy who had a Fire looking snake that he called Lemonback Hypos....wonder if PE bought out his project, or if the name was just coincidence.

Dave

Dave, I posted the link below in an earlier post on this thread. I just went back and re-read the information and in the second paragraph of the first post Albey states that Pro Exotics acquired the Lemonback project from Stan Chiras at the same time they acquired the Desert project from him. Is that who you were thinking of?

http://www.reptileradio.net/reptiler...ad.php?t=15090
    "Selective Breeding Begins With Selective Buying"

Louis Kirkland
    Stealth Exotics on facebook
    Cornerstone Reptiles on facebook

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Thanks Louis, and it was not Stan that I was thinking of. The guy who had the Lemonback Hypos was just a small time low level breeder like myself, with basically no name recognition. I remember Stan as having some really nice animals....but it was not the same guy I talked to on the net.

Good luck with yours, you picked a stunner!

Dave

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EmberBall For This Useful Post:

Louis Kirkland (04-17-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4theSNAKElady View Post
    I never claimed myself to be a pro. In fact, Ill probably still be rookie for many years to come. It's EXACTLY why I joined this forum.....so I could hang out and learn something with pros like you! But alas, it doesn't matter to me, as I have a tiny collection with few morphs. My collection is probably laughable compared to yours, and many of the breeders on this forum, for that matter. And regardless of what they are, or what they will be, I care not about that either. I love them all the same, and all my snakes are special to me.

Besides Neil, not everyone is a born pro like you, everyone else had to start off being a rookie.....
    BG has news for yah, but you must keep it "top secret". Big Gunns remembers a time when he couldn't tell the difference between a BCI and a BCC. That may not mean much to many of you, but any boa guy can tell you that BG must have been a real "rookie" not to be able to tell.

To tell you the truth though. When you see pics of Fires and others of it's "ilk", they do look like a lot like "pretty normals". When you breed them though there's a "night and day" difference from the normal siblings.

BG was just trying to look like a Big Shot(he does this a lot), he knows exactly what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by TessadasExotics View Post
    Jackpot!!!! oh wait j/k

hmm what if you buy unsorted/opened grab bags?
    You're a total fool. Hope that answers your question.

BG is not saying that because of the importers here, he's more(not all though) saying it because of the Africans. They know what they're looking at nowadays. If they think they can get an extra buck, they're gonna do it.

BG would be curious to see if anyone ever got anything good out of one of those bags. Granites don't count. You don't count if you're friends with the importer either. BG wants a named morph that came out of one of those bags. A sneaky importer could slip a couple yellowbellies in a bag or two. Just think how that would help sales.

Thanks Louis, and it was not Stan that I was thinking of. The guy who had the Lemonback Hypos was just a small time low level breeder like myself, with basically no name recognition. I remember Stan as having some really nice animals....but it was not the same guy I talked to on the net.

Good luck with yours, you picked a stunner!

Dave
    It's so funny you posted on this thread Dave. BG was thinking of you when he made his first post on this thread. You were one of the few that actually did have a Fire....and you let us know about it EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR A YEAR.

Registered User robyn@ProExotics's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey folks, just some quick info here : )

To me, the Lemonback is still a bit mysterious. We got the LB line along with the Deserts when we bought Stan Chiras' collection a few years ago. He had not done Super LB, but he thought it had some mix-in possibilities.

We have never worked with the Fires. The LB/Fire comparison came from other Fire breeders. In person (Daytona and Tinley shows) we kept hearing from Fire folks that the LB looked very similar, and was "the same". Since we haven't done Fires, we didn't have the first hand comparison ourselves, but it did seem more and more likely.

This past season, we hatched a Pastel LB, which looks very Firefly, and that is what seemed to seal it. But then Albey's pics make it look different : )

So there is more work to be done, I think.

The LB's do make a spectacular white snake, that is for sure. And crosses like the Desert LB are also super spectacular. Pic attached here of a Desert LB that we hatched. Other breeders may hatch these this year as well.

The LB's do vary a bit visually, as far as reduced pattern and all. Louis pulled an earlier trigger on the selection, so he really did get a strong visual animal. We have others that are similar, but he got an early selection, and did very well : )

Glad to see you guys are digging them regardless, here's to hoping everyone has a spectacular 2010 season!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456