Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,133

1 members and 3,132 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: People like this should be locked up

This is all just utterly rediculous. WE have moved onto these animals land, and WE do not have the right to kill them because they come too close to our homes. We have to learn to live with them, not kill them because they can be dangerous. I personally do not value human life over animal life (we're ALL living things), so no, I don't think there was any reason for killing this snake. He was minding his own damn business. The guy just wanted to feel tough and be praised, and if he could PIN the snake, he could have dealt with this more humanely, but he chose not to.
    Brittney

0.1 Ball Python
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JEWSKIN View Post
    Had you just shot a mountain lion for merely hanging out in your backyard you'd get locked up jesus christ people think before you post
    No you wouldn't. Might get a cite for it, but you wouldn't get locked up. Regardless if you felt the mountain lion posed a danger you'd shoot it without caring about getting cited or locked up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsd13 View Post
    No you wouldn't. Might get a cite for it, but you wouldn't get locked up. Regardless if you felt the mountain lion posed a danger you'd shoot it without caring about getting cited or locked up.
    If you shot a mountain lion for "hanging out" in your backyard I am pretty sure your is going to jail.

You cant just go around like a vigilante of the animal kingdon. Like a batman that hates animals or something. You can't just go around slaughtering living creatures for doing basically nothing.

1.0 Pastel 09
    0.1 Pinstripe 13
    1.0 Champagne 13
    0.2 Pastel 13
    0.1 Normal Het Albino 13
    1.0 Albino 13

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PurplePython For This Useful Post:

TheBallPython (04-20-2010)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePython View Post
    If you shot a mountain lion for "hanging out" in your backyard I am pretty sure your is going to jail.

You cant just go around like a vigilante of the animal kingdon. Like a batman that hates animals or something. You can't just go around slaughtering living creatures for doing basically nothing.
    No you won't. If a cougar is lounging around in you backyard you have every right to perceive it as a threat to your life and limb (as well as that of your animals and neighbors) and kill it. Farmers do it all the time with cougars, coyotes, wolves... hell they even do it with their neighbors dogs. In the big city maybe not but out in the country things like that happen every single day.

You don't have to like it, but it's a fact of life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePython View Post

Considering they're not endangered, there's very little chance you'd get in trouble. It all depends on what state you're in, but for the most part, there's little issue. For example, here in Oklahoma, it's legal to shoot them if they're a nuisance. You're just required to haul them in to the wildlife department. Luckily, they're "rare" here. By rare, I mean that there hasn't been enough confirmed sightings..Even though plenty of people have seen them and a couple have been hit by vehicles.

1.0 Western Slender Glass Lizard; Logos
    0.1 Charcoal Cornsnake; Morana
    1.0 Golden Gecko; Smoothie
    1.1 African Plated Lizard; Cypher and Nara

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Raptor For This Useful Post:

bsd13 (04-21-2010)

Thanks

the replies in this thread define the real snake people over the people who just happen to keep snakes.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redpython View Post
    the replies in this thread define the real snake people over the people who just happen to keep snakes.
    As well as those who are ignorant of the reality of the laws and how life works when it comes to animals in most places in the US.

Thanks

You're protective of your snakes. Especially the ones that cost the most and you don't want them harmed in any way, correct? I have several head of livestock that's worth between $600 to $1,000. I have one that I'm currently test breeding for another ranch who due to his bloodlines, is easily worth $3,000.

Do you think I'm going to sit around with my thumb up my bum while any form of predator is stalking around? No. Does killing snakes make me any less of a snake person? No. I imagine you wouldn't go up to a cat or dog person who had shot a dog/cat for attacking their own animals and say that they were only a dog/cat keeper.

Your statement in its entirety is absurd.

1.0 Western Slender Glass Lizard; Logos
    0.1 Charcoal Cornsnake; Morana
    1.0 Golden Gecko; Smoothie
    1.1 African Plated Lizard; Cypher and Nara

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raptor For This Useful Post:

bsd13 (04-21-2010),NCtrickFL (04-21-2010),toreh (04-21-2010)

Thanks

I would kill the damn thing too..so lock me up. I cant believe some people who put a friggin VENEMOUS snake ahead of human lives!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Not at all.
    I'm not your friend buddy!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast