Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,363

3 members and 3,360 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: People like this should be locked up

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy78 View Post
    I'm on the side this guy had absolutely no right to kill this snake.
    And comparing it to an ant or a mosquito is actually kind of childish... Now I could see if this snake was attached to my arm biting me then yeah kill it but randomly no. If I'm in my backyard and I see an ant hill o don't run over and destroy it... Same as I would never deliberatly go out of my way to kill a mosquito.
    Man I wish I was so brave to chop off a venomous snakes head... Pfft yeah right. Comon who is this joker?
    But seriously I live in Canada and here we have bears. If anyone ever saw a bear heading across the street near a neighbours house, pinned it down and chopped off it's head that person would be in jail.
    I think it's absolutely ridiculous that people will move to an area that has venomous snakes and think it's ok to kill every one that "goes near my house". If you don't like it, MOVE.
    Unfortunely the snakes wholive there don't have this option. I'm sure if you did as was suggested and put a bucket over it and called someone it would be VERY easy to find someone with 1/4 of a heart to relocate this animal for you.
    Well I'm off to backyard. I think I just saw an angry raccoon looking at my neighbours house (they have a chihuaha). Don't worry though guys I'm tough. I'll just pin it down and hack it's head off.

Grrrr, Jeremy.

P.s. I'm also the guy who will catch the spider in my house and let it go outside rather then squish it in some toilet paper.

lmao I have odds on the racoon ripping ones face off lmao haha good show

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JEWSKIN For This Useful Post:

Jeremy78 (04-16-2010)

Thanks

would not of killed it. would have hooked it into a tub and either had animal control come and take it or would have driven and relocated it myself

Thanks

I love how almost everyone is assuming that every person in the world has experience handling hots and is comfortable doing so.

1.0 Western Slender Glass Lizard; Logos
    0.1 Charcoal Cornsnake; Morana
    1.0 Golden Gecko; Smoothie
    1.1 African Plated Lizard; Cypher and Nara

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I love how almost everyone is assuming that every person in the world has experience handling hots and is comfortable doing so.
    You don't need experience handling hots to throw a bucket over a snake. Thing is though, in order to kill the animal, he pinned the head. That can be pretty dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. He risked hospitalization to kill an animal that was minding its own business, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Had he placed a bucket over the animal and called someone to remove it, there would have been essentially no risk to himself. I don't care who you are, you don't need any experience with any sort of snake to place a bucket over it. I've had neighbors do far more than that before having me remove snakes. One placed a "cottonmouth" (which was actually a green water snake) in a cooler before I got there to remove it.
    Russell Lawson

Thanks

That's..a pretty big bucket to be putting over a fully grown, 4-5 foot cotton mouth (ones that are pretty aggressive too). Don't know about where you live, but the ones here are pretty hefty in body girth. A 5 gallon bucket wouldn't be big enough, even if it was curled up. Either way, not everyone is fortunate enough to live near animal control or have someone who knows how to handle hots safely.

1.0 Western Slender Glass Lizard; Logos
    0.1 Charcoal Cornsnake; Morana
    1.0 Golden Gecko; Smoothie
    1.1 African Plated Lizard; Cypher and Nara

Thanks

Me comparing insects to snakes is identical to people on here comparing snakes to dogs and cats. You draw the line between where normal actions against animals meets animal cruelty. Don't call me (o sorry my ideas) idiotic because you don't agree with them.

The line is completely arbitrary. Those people that love insects would call you an idiot for swatting a mosquito. They draw the line differently. Open up your eyes, your view is not everyone's view.

Thanks

My thought is that if we are going to kill the snakes........Then people outta just put a bubble around themselves and then they won't have to worry about rabies, an airborne disease and you know what better stop driving your car and motorcycles cause they kill more people a year than snakes and oh; Then we have cigerettes and dip that cause cancer......so there you go? Are snakes really that dangerous??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NCtrickFL View Post
    The line is completely arbitrary. Those people that love insects would call you an idiot for swatting a mosquito. They draw the line differently. Open up your eyes, your view is not everyone's view.

I'm not going to voice my opinion on this matter as I tend to have a hard time taking any media source as a 'biblical truth' (oxymoron in itself) as to what happened and under what circumstances.

But the statement I quoted, I cant agree with this more

What means a lot to you means nothing to the next person, and vice versa.

Thanks

Thats true they could have twisted his words.

Thanks

just bc u dont have experience with hots doesnt mean it needs to be killed. Its not that hard to trap a hot when done properly. remember people the snakes were here before us. Cut them some slack already. We took over there land and blame them for everything. Im not a fan of killing and reptile for any reason. There are ways around dealing with situations like what went on.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast