Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,971

0 members and 2,971 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: Eclipse is growing fast

Ah...I see what yall mean. Don't know much about poisionous snakes but then again that's prob why I don't have one and you do right? They are beautiful animals and I'm glad yall know so much about them (like the warning signs and how to handle them etc). I see your point on the anti venin...i might save my money too esp if it goes bad, as well as your point about de-handing a person...Never thought of it like that until now, but then again, now I know and agree with yall. ( I had just heard about the "procedure" on like Discovery with an episode on 'snake-charmers' )

Again, just want to say : BEAUTIFUL SNAKE!!!

Thanks

I agree with all that was said about de-venomizing an debarking and de-clawing cats, but what I don't agree with is the milking, or what was said about it not paying alot, I have to differ with that, that is how I got my start with snakes, back when I was a wee-lad, my brother and I used to do a lot of fishing, and my dad would say go out and catch some worms, so we would go out and lift up rocks and such, and would pull out whatever was under there we never looked, just threw it all in a bucket ( Thank god we never got bit), but we learned early on that large mouth bas loved rattlesnake, ( I grew up in Oklahoma), any ways it got to a point that I hated using them for fishing and would catch them as pets and keep through out the summer and would release them early fall, then my brother found out about Oklahoma university paid roughly about $500 per vial, so we would catch them hold a pets and milk them all summer, every year up until I left for the Army, Now my brother does this a few times a year he catches them in early spring when they are still hibernating then milks them all summer and releases them back in the wild in early fall, works great for him because he works 4 months total out of the year and vacations the rest of the year. He now sells world wide is not a lab just oes it out of his garage and has always made enough to take care of him and his family.

Thanks

Thats great that your brother makes money doing something he enjoys but not everyone has a university around interested in buying venom for 500 dollars a vial. Alot of people are under the assumption that they can make a ton of money and when they get there snakes they are dissapointed. Its kind of the same as alot of people that get into snakes because they think they can get rich quick by breeding morphs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345