Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,858

1 members and 2,857 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

“Moosin: Gods Of Martial Arts” Full Card Announced

Moosin, a South Korean kickboxing and mixed martial arts promotion, has announced the lineup for their upcoming MMA event "Moosin: Gods of Martial Arts," set to take place May 21 at the DCU Center in Worcester, Mass. Headlining the card is a bout between former UFC heavyweight champion Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia and MMA neophyte Mariusz "Dominator" Pudzianowski.

In partnership with Moosin, Polish website MMARocks.pl was the first to report the finalized fight card. Featuring several UFC veterans and established MMA professionals, the event will be the first for Massachusetts since the state voted to regulate MMA competitions in November 2009.

Syliva (25-6) last fought at "Adrenaline MMA 4: Sylvia vs. Riley" where he secured a technical knockout win over Jason Riley at 2:32 of the first round. The victory was a long-time coming for the embattled ex-champion, who had not tasted victory since October 2007.

Pudzianowski (1-0), the most successful World's Strongest Man competitor, has just one MMA bout under his belt. He defeated Marcin Najman via submission (punches) at "KSW 12: Najman vs. Pudzianowski" in December 2009. With Sylvia's 31 career fights to Pudzianowski's single effort, it is not clear how a match with such disparate levels of experience between the two fighters received sanctioning.

According to Pudzianowski's schedule, his fight with Sylvia will be his third. The Polish fighter is slated to face Yusuke Kawaguchi just two weeks prior at "KSW XIII: Kumite" on May 7.

Despite earlier reports to the contrary, Moosin co-promoter Eric “Butterbean” Esch (12-6-1) will indeed be fighting at the event, going toe-to-toe in an open weight tilt with retired professional hockey player Lyndon Byers.

The nascent Massachusetts State Athletic Commission recently approved an uncommon "double weigh-in" provision aimed to limit the number of pounds a fighter can gain between a pre-fight weigh-in and the night of the fight. The first weigh-in is to occur within 36 hours of the fight, and the second just prior to the match. According to the guidelines, a combatant cannot weigh more than 1.0625 times his or her initial weight.

The full card is as follows:

* Tim Sylvia (25-6) vs. Mariusz Pudzianowski (1-0)
    * Mu Bae Choi (9-4) vs. Travis Wiuff (59-14)
    * Travis Lutter (10-5) vs. Rafael Natal (11-2)
    * Yves Edwards (37-15-1) vs. Mike Campbell (6-2)
    * Lyndon Byers (0-0) vs. Eric Esch (12-6-1)
    * Jae Young Kim (12-8) vs. Łukasz Jurkowski (14-9)
    * Matt Lee (11-8-1) vs. Brett Oteri (5-0)
    * Ralph Johnson (4-0) vs. Forrest Petz (17-7)
    * Dan Keefe (6-1) vs. Robert McDaniels (14-5)
    * Pat Bennett (1-0) vs. Stipe Miocic (0-0)
    YouTube - Mariusz Pudzianowski Highlight - Tribute to the Dominator
    Jeff Bernard

Banned
    Thanks

Re: “Moosin: Gods Of Martial Arts” Full Card Announced

Is this gonna be on TV? BG really wants to see Pud fight. He has no snap in his punches in the video. His kicks looked funny as hell, but they were effective. The man has obviously been juicing for years. Wonder how he's gonna pass a drug test. Might be just GH, but doubt it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gunns View Post
    Is this gonna be on TV? BG really wants to see Pud fight. He has no snap in his punches in the video. His kicks looked funny as hell, but they were effective. The man has obviously been juicing for years. Wonder how he's gonna pass a drug test. Might be just GH, but doubt it.
    I am not sure. I thought I read PPV somewhere but I will have to look into it again. I am interested in seeing Pudzianowski fight too. I used to always watch him on the world's strongest man competition. I thought the same thing about his kicks. He is just so strong and big they must just have a huge impact. And I agree he is definitely not clean. I do not know how these guys get away with it???

And on a side not Eric Esch is Butterbean in case nobody knows his real name.
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

This is what Pudzianowski said about Tim:
    "Tim Sylvia is already past his prime, so the only thing he thinks about is the paycheck after the fight. When I’ll take him down and start landing my bombs, he will lose every desire to get up. His handshake at the press conference made me realize that he has a very soft body. I like big and soft people, they are fun to hit. I have to be careful from his striking in the early minutes of the fight, but I am still very confident that it will be a great victory. In two years from now, I would love to fight Fedor Emelianenko. He will rip my head off if we fight today, but in two years it could be a different story. It will be very interesting to see the bookmaker's odds for that fight."
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

just watched PUD fight. his kicks are like he's kicking a soccer ball. just wondering if his bulk/muscle will be a problem. afterall he has to move and feed oxygen to that mass. if sylvia can keep him at a distance he could make something happen.(then again we are talking sylvia)
    also pud keeps his head up and chin exposed.could have been an old fight, well not too old he just started right? could be interesting.

note: can butterbean throw a kick??

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by capitalB View Post
    just watched PUD fight. his kicks are like he's kicking a soccer ball. just wondering if his bulk/muscle will be a problem. afterall he has to move and feed oxygen to that mass. if sylvia can keep him at a distance he could make something happen.(then again we are talking sylvia)
    also pud keeps his head up and chin exposed.could have been an old fight, well not too old he just started right? could be interesting.

note: can butterbean throw a kick??
    Yep...Sylvia needs to stay on the outside. Pud should just bull rush him and try and take him down. If he does that he has a chance.