Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,064

4 members and 3,060 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

"Life" on Discovery - Reptiles/Amphibians

I'm watching the show "Life" right now, on Discovery Channel... it's hosted by Oprah Winfrey, and is basically like the program "Planet Earth." The episode I'm watching now is on reptiles and amphibians, and it's awesome!! Definitely check it out on repeats if you have a chance, particularly if you have HD television - I can't believe how amazing it looks in HD. Anyone else catch it yet?
    Lolo's Collection...
    Ball Pythons: 0.4 Normals, 1.0 Pastel, 1.1 Mojaves, 1.0 Black Pastel, 2.0 Spiders, 0.1 Lesser, 1.0 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Honeybee
    0.1 Spotted Python, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
    3.4 Corn Snakes, 1.1 Western Hognose Snakes, 1.2 cats, and 1.0 dog (47lb mutt)

Thanks

Re: "Life" on Discovery - Reptiles/Amphibians

OMG... they're showing a group of garter snakes awaking from hibernation, and competing for the few females nearby. It's hilarious, especially the one boy who overslept - LOL.
    Lolo's Collection...
    Ball Pythons: 0.4 Normals, 1.0 Pastel, 1.1 Mojaves, 1.0 Black Pastel, 2.0 Spiders, 0.1 Lesser, 1.0 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Honeybee

Thanks

i was disappointed, they didnt really show anything that cool.

Thanks

I really enjoyed the komodo dragons. If you guys havnt seen it you got to its sick in HD. I liked it personally it took these guys 3 years to finish that life project.
    Last edited by twan; 03-24-2010 at 02:00 AM.
    Leopard gecko (ooday jackson)

2010 normal ball python (skinny pimpin aka skinny jackson)

Savannah monitor (genesis jackson)

4 year old presa canario (storm jackson)

2 month old rednose pitbull (noko jaclson)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Hi Laura! I've caught snipets of one of the episodes but have yet to watch them. I think my dvr is overflowing so I better log off now!

On a similar but different note, have you watched the "Fatal Attractions" or the "Invasion of Killer Aliens" programs on Animal Planet? I understand better why the Democrat in Florida wants to ban pythons. I believe that they should be allowed to kill all large python species on the spot if they are "at large." And I think that keeping those species of large pythons should be limited in some form. I want non-native species to thrive only in captivity.

And about that Fatal Attractions... what nut jobs!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

p.s. the segment on the garter snakes waking from brumation sounds fricken awesome!! I look forward to watching that and I'll certainly laugh at the lazy basturd that sleeps in!!! ha ha!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CA cowgirl View Post
    p.s. the segment on the garter snakes waking from brumation sounds fricken awesome!! I look forward to watching that and I'll certainly laugh at the lazy basturd that sleeps in!!! ha ha!
    Yeah, that was definitely my favorite part of the show... this one fat male wakes up 2 days late, yawning and looking around like "Oh crap, I missed the chicks!" I haven't seen that other show you mentioned, so maybe I'll look for it on my dvr later.
    Lolo's Collection...

Thanks

I watched a little of it in HD, and it was amazing. I am planning on finishing it this weekend sometime.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

The HD is truly amazing. How about that pebble toad? Haha.

On a similar but different note, have you watched the "Fatal Attractions" or the "Invasion of Killer Aliens" programs on Animal Planet? I understand better why the Democrat in Florida wants to ban pythons. I believe that they should be allowed to kill all large python species on the spot if they are "at large." And I think that keeping those species of large pythons should be limited in some form. I want non-native species to thrive only in captivity.

And about that Fatal Attractions... What nut jobs!!
    As for these shows, i have only seen little bits, but im sure they are almost complete crap. Dont believe everything your hearing from animal planet. The content on that station has truly gone down hill and i refuse to watch it anymore. After seeing other shows that had "proof" of the "invasion", im sure this is just another one sided show that continues to hurt our community.
    Connor Paschke
    Pre-vet Major at SUNY Plattsburgh

1.0 Jungle Carpet Pythons (Headhunter lineage)
    1.0 Dwarf Albino Reticulated Python (Steve Gooch)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CA cowgirl View Post
    These species are already regulated in Florida, which is the only state in the United States that has somewhat appropriate environment for them, and that only exists at the extreme southern tip of the state. (Legislation requires an inventory of the animals, microchips, locked room or individual cages, an annual fee on top of the annual fee to exhibit reptiles for sale, etc. - It is plenty sufficient enough to address this issue).

Also, pretty much everything you'll see on AP about the feral Python bivittatus population in the ENP is complete BS. The channel has become all about sensationalizing media to pull in more viewers anymore, and is far from a decent scientific channel like it once was.
    Russell Lawson

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast