Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,424

0 members and 1,424 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Liddell vs. Franklin NOT Tito Ortiz for UFC 115...

I would REALLY like to know why Liddell is not fighting Tito!!!! Anyways, Liddell (21-7) is coming off of a yearlong layoff, and will face former middleweight champion Rich Franklin. Liddell is also coming off of a stretch of losing four of his five most recent bouts, three of those by knockout. After Liddell’s last fight UFC president Dana White called for his friend to hang up the gloves.
    Franklin (26-5) is 5-4 in his most recent bouts, including losing his title to current middleweight champion Anderson Silva. He is 2-2 since transitioning back to his old weight class of light heavyweight, including a victory over Wanderlei Silva and most recently he lost to Vitor Belfort in catchweight bouts.
    This will still be a VERY good fight but i really wanted to see Liddell and Tito fight again. I think Liddell would have won for the third time aganist Tito but I guess we will have to wait and see. UFC 115 Vancover is set for June 12...
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Re: Liddell vs. Franklin NOT Tito Ortiz for UFC 115...

Dana tweeted shortly after I read this post and said that it was going to be Randy/Franklin
    Dylan -- Reese Reptiles

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dreese88 View Post
    Dana tweeted shortly after I read this post and said that it was going to be Randy/Franklin
    That is interesting. After reading your post I looked around and found this:
    In the wake of reports that Chuck Liddell would not be fighting rival Ultimate Fighter 11 coach Tito Ortiz and would instead return to action against Rich Franklin, likely at June’s UFC 115, UFC President Dana White took to Twitter on Saturday afternoon to deny the rumors and confirm that Franklin will likely fight Randy Couture next.

“Not true! We are doing couture vs franklin not chuck. Nothing happened to tito. Tito and I are cool,” wrote White.

The matchup between Franklin and Couture was first reported last month and was originally believed to be in the works for UFC 115 on June 12 in Vancouver, but later reports indicated it would likely take place in August.

The status of the previously-announced bout between Liddell and Ortiz, expected for UFC 115, is uncertain.

According to earlier reports, Ortiz was unable to complete taping for TUF 11, which debuts on March 31 on Spike, and Franklin was reportedly brought in as a replacement.
    Written by: Kris Karkoski
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boanerges View Post
    Liddell is also coming off of a stretch of losing four of his five most recent bouts, three of those by knockout. After Liddell’s last fight UFC president Dana White called for his friend to hang up the gloves.
    IF the rumors about who Chuck would fight were true (which it isn't), that'd be your answer right there. I don't know exactly what has happened with Chuck health-wise, but certainly age and years of fighting are catching up with him, and it has shown in the ring. Multiple knockouts are never a good thing.

Supposedly Tito is doing really well, and although I have never liked the guy and have never considered him a great fighter, I think he's not lying when he says things along the lines of the best Tito fights are yet to come.

Frankly I'm completely uninterested in chuck vs tito. I get bored with fighters facing the same opponents over and over. Please don't make Chuck fight Tito, please don't let Mir fight Lesnar. There are plenty of better and more interesting match-ups.