Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,239

2 members and 3,237 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: muay thai

Thanks

muay thai

Anyone here fight muay thai?
    I'm from Canada, but I will be competing in a couple amateur tournaments in the states in the next couple of months.

The Arnold Classic in Ohio, the TBA Classic in Iowa, and a tournament in Orlando at the end of June i think.

If you are from Ontario and compete, I will also be at a few local "smokers" since CAMTAO dissolved and muay thai is no longer a sanctioned sport.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: muay thai

I used to train brazilian jiu ji tsu and muay thai at Kombat in Mississauga =]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Anyone here fight muay thai?
    I'm from Canada, but I will be competing in a couple amateur tournaments in the states in the next couple of months.

The Arnold Classic in Ohio, the TBA Classic in Iowa, and a tournament in Orlando at the end of June i think.

If you are from Ontario and compete, I will also be at a few local "smokers" since CAMTAO dissolved and muay thai is no longer a sanctioned sport.
    I have trained in muay thai but do not currently. The muay thai clinch, knees and leg kicks are devastating!!! Make sure you get some video of your matches and post them here for us to watch!!! Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    I used to train brazilian jiu ji tsu and muay thai at Kombat in Mississauga =]
    You go girl
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Muay thai is definetly a very devastating stand up fighting system. Even more than that though, it is very addictive. I dont know how you guys every stopped. lol
    I dont think i would ever get motivated to go to the gym if i didnt have to think about another guy training to kick my face off every cpl of months.

I will put up some videos of the upcoming fights.
    you guys should check out a live even if you are interested in muay thai though - its an awesome atmosphere. different than an mma event - it is much more of a cultural experience.