Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,823

0 members and 2,823 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

View Poll Results: If you're a snake owner, how old are you?

Voters
628. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16 or younger

47 7.48%
  • 17 - 21

143 22.77%
  • 22 - 27

198 31.53%
  • 28 - 33

113 17.99%
  • 34 -39

60 9.55%
  • 40 - older

67 10.67%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Age of owners?

Thanks

Re: Age of owners?

im 18 =] i've had my snake since i was 14... people do look at me weird when i talk about m snakes cause i don't "look" or "act" like a snake person, and sometimes m friends freak on me when the come to my house unannounced and are greeted by me holding a 7 foot boa =P

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maria1232 For This Useful Post:

Jason Bowden (04-05-2010)

Stinkin' hot Tucson, AZ (it's somewhere between California and New Mexico).
    Thanks

Yeah, my Mom thinks it's stupid...and I'm 49.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BP-180 View Post
    Well i gotta admit whenever i heard of some1 having snakes or any sort of reptile i immediately thought they were weird and would have piercings and tatoos ha but know from being on this forum and researching stuff online before i got my bp i don't really think that anymore.

But one thing that really annoys me is when people say that's disgusting i bet it smells terrible and then i try explain snakes are very clean and NOT slimy ha. I mean have you ever smelled a wet dog its actually the most disgusting thing ever ha don't know how people have them.
    I was at a local reptile show about a month and a half ago and I think I saw just about every age and every type of person imaginable there. Some had piercings and tattoos, some looked like they could own a fortune 500 company, and all kinds in between. It actually somehow made me feel a little more normal seeing all those different types of people sharing in my hobby. I'm 34 btw.

Thanks

Got my first snake for my 14th birthday(to this day she is still the best gift I've ever recieved). I'm 20 now.
    1.1ballpythons(normal)-Arwen, Montague
    1.0ballpython(pastel)-Shan Longshanks
    0.1ballpython(spider)-Pippa Willow
    1.0redtailboa-Inigo
    0.1redtailboa(salmon)-Imogen
    1.0redbloodpython-Fergis

Thanks

I just got mine this past summer, they kind of creeped me out. I got one to overcome my fear, and now I love the hobby. Actually I was working at a Reptile Show selling my bugs in lucite and I traded for a female normal (with very nice patterns). For my next snake I'm thinking about a boyfriend for her, maybe a Mojave. I'm almost 48 (feel 30)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMike View Post
    Snake owners are thought as the hippies with long hair (look like chewy from SnakeBites)
    Hey!!! As a long haired hippie I represent that statement! I, too, wanted a snake throughout my teen years, but my mom wouldn't allow it.

Ignore the person making the comment. If they know that they are such a jerk then whatever they say shouldn't matter to you.
    0.2 - Ball Pythons
    1.1 - Canines
    0.1 - Rats
    1.1 - Children

Thanks

I'm 24, and this is my second snake. I would have owned snakes at a younger age, but my dad was simply terrified of snakes. Which, I'm okay with. But he never said that was the reason. He kept making excuses, so for years I was upset.

I probably got into snakes because my mom and I used to go for walks, and when she'd see a garter snake or a corn snake (we lived in Kansas and Missouri, mostly), she'd either point it out or pick it up.

Over the course of my life, I've had snakes, dogs, cats, rats, mice, gerbils, ferrets, guinea pigs, fish, frogs, toads, turtles, tortoises, birds, spiders (mostly just caught around the house and kept for a week to six months), and a dung beetle. I feel like I've missed something, but meh.

Cats, dogs, and snakes are probably my favorite animals to have as pets. With rats fairly high up their. (I really don't like mice, much.)
    Jayk Pix

Thanks

Well I guess I break the mold then...I'm a 27 y/o mom to 3 kiddos. I don't have any tattoos and I only have peircings in my ears. I guess by all counts I SHOULDN'T have snakes...but I do and I love it! I don't even listen to rock music...

Thanks

I agree with many of you. The bottom line is everyone is different and everyone has different hobbies. Just the fact that she told you to "grow up" for liking snakes really means that she needs to grow up. She is obviously an ignorant stuck up person who will never bust through her shell. It's kind of sad though, because people like that person who told you to grow up will never get to enjoy what we enjoy by having our reptiles and other animals.

I have a dog, and as much as I love my dog - it's nowhere close to as exciting as having a reptile of any kind. Owning reptiles and watching them do what they do is the most exciting thing to me. It's a way to see nature act how it acts in it's environment, only in your very own home.

You should have just asked her "so I need to grow up because I don't judge people like you do?" and waited to see her response.

Don't worry about these idiots though. Keep on doing what makes you happy. Like Paul Rudd said in the move Role Models "If you wanna wear a cape, wear a cape."

1.0 Pastel 09
    0.1 Pinstripe 13
    1.0 Champagne 13
    0.2 Pastel 13
    0.1 Normal Het Albino 13
    1.0 Albino 13

Thanks

The snake is my 10 year old sons...... I'm his mom and will let him have a pet snake, but won't let him post/talk on the internet

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast