Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,620

0 members and 3,620 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

so any good vendors at columbia

was looking at new list of shows and tried to google them but guessing they dont have sites. i know fatboys rep and seen his animals but out of that list any good bp breeders
    Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Yeah....gotta really work on that realism when shooting a movie with a woman who has snakes for hair and can turn you to stone with a look....what were they thinking???

Thanks

Re: so any good vendors at columbia

I can vouch for Tim Koppenhoffer and Special K reptiles, he and his wife run a tight show and care about their animals A LOT! The other ones on the list i'm not too familiar with and my other breeder friends aren't attending as no one really has that many hatchlings to sell, its mostly random breeders and snakes that didn't fit into their plan. Or you get lucky and find someone whos breeding year round and had a good few clutches in the last months.
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveboos View Post
    I can vouch for Tim Koppenhoffer and Special K reptiles, he and his wife run a tight show and care about their animals A LOT!
    Will back him up. We attended the all ohio reptile show. We picked up a bp from them. Tim and Susan do care about their animals and put up nice displays.

If you would like the phone numbers just send me a pm ill give u them off their business card that i picked up.

Also

Tim = Breeder/feeder
    Susan = Marketing person

Atleast thats how she explained it to me He does the taking care of the animals for the most part she helps sell em
    Last edited by BuckeyeBalls; 02-24-2010 at 01:25 AM.

Thanks

thank you to both, f4n70m, just wondering, hopeing and praying to find an albino 4 around 200, been looking for the past 4 shows for one under 3. so going to browse, but thanx for the help
    Yeah....gotta really work on that realism when shooting a movie with a woman who has snakes for hair and can turn you to stone with a look....what were they thinking???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BOWSER11788 View Post
    thank you to both, f4n70m, just wondering, hopeing and praying to find an albino 4 around 200, been looking for the past 4 shows for one under 3. so going to browse, but thanx for the help
    Check ur pm

Thanks

Haha dude don't think you'll find a GOOD Quality one for that. NO respectable breeder would sell an albino for $200 unless it was a quantity deal. Males run $300-350 all day long at shows. Heck i just traded mine for $500 worth of Female Pinstripe!
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Thanks

urgh, i try not to sound dumb, but good quality Vs. good heath, whats the differance, every show i got to i have enough to get one, then life kicks in, as this time around, the crickets are soon running out and my new t-rex MVb suck, bough 2 for the beardies and its too bright, even at the desired leingh away, so i could of swinged it but yea, sorry to whine. lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

urgh, i try not to sound dumb, but good quality Vs. good heath, whats the differance, every show i got to i have enough to get one, then life kicks in, as this time around, the crickets are soon running out and my new t-rex MVb suck, bough 2 for the beardies and its too bright, even at the desired leingh away, so i could of swinged it but yea, sorry to whine. lol
    Good health is part of good quality. $350 is already a "cheap" price for albino's. I'm just floored people expect them to be any less. They shouldn't be below $1000 in my opinion - none of the recessives should be.

Let's put it this way, I went to a show in December and was also shopping for an albino. The night before I was talking to a breeder about one that I really liked. He quoted me a price and encouraged me to go to the show to make sure that I didn't see something I liked better.

I found another albino at the show with the same "look" that I wanted (I prefer no alien heads - reduced pattern only), for $100 less than he quoted me.

I walked out of the show WITHOUT the snake, because it was on a jobber's table (flipper) who couldn't tell me a thing about the history of the snake, who probably got the animal in trade from a previous show. No telling what sort of illnesses and mites that animal could have been exposed to. With jobbers, it's about flipping the animal as quickly as possible. It's quality that you "can't" see.

I called the breeder and told him I would be thrilled to buy his animal at the price he was asking. And I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Have fun at the show, but buy animals with caution. If you don't know what you're looking for or how to determine quality - try to hook up with other forum members here that are going who you can ask their opinion.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

BOWSER11788 (02-24-2010)

Thanks

oh ok, yea people have been giving it to me, for saying i wanted one for around. not really a price guy. saw one at the last coulumbia show for 250, guy swore it was a bp, lol it looked like one of those green bumrs, so yea i understand.