Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,148

2 members and 3,146 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

AFT: for poops and giggles...

Kind of literally...
    I have a trio of African FatTail geckos. I just discovered today that one is gravid with what looks like three big eggs in her belly.

I'm very excited, have not previously bred this species. So I'm rushing about to be sure I have everything I need to incubate the eggs once they are laid. I don't, but that's a different story(need to pick up a new power strip for one thing!)

I sat back down at the computer, to check on the caresheet info on incubating one more time. Looking over at the cage, I see the gecko lifting it's tail and straining and OMG! IT'S LAYING EGGS!!!!

I grabbed up my camera and tried to take some pics, and watched the strains. I'm yelling and shrieking happily as it pushes out.. a turd. Oh yeah.. that's the MALE gecko, the pregnant female is in the little hide box.

Yes.. if you've never cheered lustily as a gecko took a dump on camera.. you just don't understand me at all.

I laughed so hard that I stopped breathing and turned blue. Once I could gasp in air again.. I started laughing again. OMG. Only in MY life. I just thought someone might get a giggle out of it.

Also... I wasn't INTENDING to breed these guys this year.. but apparently I put the male into the cage and oops. I thought the male was being awfully secretive.. turns out he wasn't IN that cage after all. Hmm. Sneaky bugger. At least I know why the female was losing some weight now. Gotta feed them more fatty foods, as I was feeding mealies and crickets, without the fattening foods you'd feed breeding geckos. Hopefully all turns out okay.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Re: AFT: for poops and giggles...

Just to prove I'm not completely crazy.. here's the proof.. the girl just laid two huge eggs!

Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Awesome, good luck with the clutch!

I would be laughing too if that happened to me LOL
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Thats funny.... sounds like my daughter with her leopards... She is so anxious to see some little leopard eggs.

Thanks

Looks like the eggs are going bad! Booo! Oh well. I'll have other opportunities I'm sure!
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA