Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,299

5 members and 3,294 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

View Poll Results: Would you wear or use a reptile skin product?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

29 34.94%
  • Nope!

54 65.06%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Would you wear reptile skin?

I guess I have always wondered what people would do. There are people that keep chickens and other farm animals and eat those. There are people that keep rabbits and wear rabbit fur and eat rabbits.

Would you wear python skin shoes? Have a python skin handbag? crocodile skin wallet? etc

Just always wondered
    Last edited by DarkSean; 02-16-2010 at 01:34 PM.
    Im a Lover Not a Fighter...

Thanks

Re: Would you wear reptile skin?

i voted no.

i do eat meat, i have owned and worn leather. i do not personally own any animal fur products.

I suppose my opinion is,a lot of the reasons people wear snake skin and crock skin is for fashion, rather an for a need to stay warm (such as with skins and furs). Its just not my sense of fashion at all. And i'd say 99% of the people that know me know NEVER to gift me with such a thing.

I dont mind other people wearing them (my dad has a few pairs of snake skin boots) but its not for me.

Thanks

if its an animal thats meat is eaten and skin made into something im all for it. i dont agree with it when the animal is killed only for its skin.
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Thanks

Cinderbird - Thats great. That you don't like it yourself but don't wish those to hell who do. Its refreshing to hear such a well balanced reply lol

Quote Originally Posted by 771subliminal View Post
    if its an animal thats meat is eaten and skin made into something im all for it. i dont agree with it when the animal is killed only for its skin.
    How about if it was killed for its skin, but then the meat was used for food? Or to feed animals or something like that? (usually the case anyways)
    Im a Lover Not a Fighter...

Thanks

I really have no objection to it, me wearing or not wearing it is not going to stop animal torturing or what have you. I would seek a comapny that is open about it's practices, and read reviews and stuff ..

The main reaons I have not it I have not seen anything made from snake skin that I liked the look of. You show me a great application, and I will consider it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSean View Post
    Cinderbird - Thats great. That you don't like it yourself but don't wish those to hell who do. Its refreshing to hear such a well balanced reply lol

How about if it was killed for its skin, but then the meat was used for food? Or to feed animals or something like that? (usually the case anyways)
    yeah i have no issue with it. i agree with (NON TROPHY) hunting. if someone wants to take a nice buck for its antlers and meat i'm fine with that. but leaving a carcass to rot with just the top of the head taken is such a waste. sure it feeds scavengers and insects, but theyll find food almost anywhere.

i enjoy fishing as well (but i wont leave a hook imbeded in anyones mouth, or leave excess line laying around)

I completely understand that around other parts of the world python skin and meat are eaten and traded often and its part of the lives of a lot of people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSean View Post
    Cinderbird - How about if it was killed for its skin, but then the meat was used for food? Or to feed animals or something like that? (usually the case anyways)
    if the animal is not going to waste then im fine with it. if the first intent for the kill is skin then food is secondary or the other way around the out come is still the same. the meat is eaten and the skin is worn. people food cat food or dog food its all being ate, i dont see the how its different to make cat and dog food out of chicken or beef than it is to make their food out of a reptile. some of them even have allergies when it comes to chicken and beef so a reptile diet would be best for them.
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Thanks

In this world...there is too many people who do too many different things for everyone to like everything.

I personally could care less if I wore leather, snake skin, fur, or anything else.

Sure I really REALLY feel bad for what happens to those animals...trust me, I truly do....but if my favorite Gucci pants happen to be made of snake skin....Im gonna flaunt those things like no ones business!!!

Thanks

I voted no.
    Im not a girl or a cowboy, nor am I cool enough to rock any snake skin pants .

I would eat one though if someone cooked it up for me though.
    I'm not your friend buddy!

Thanks

When my burm goes (on her own) I am having her skin tanned. And you never know if your boots or belt skin came from an animal that died naturally or was kill just for the skin.

I normally wopuldnt object but you never know how the animal died and I think that's normally a big deciding factor.
    0.1 Spider
    1.0 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Lesser
    0.0.1 Alligator mississippiensis
    1.1 Dobermans

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast