Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,753

2 members and 2,751 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Registered User Animals As Leaders's Avatar
    Thanks

Camera Questions

Ok you guys are always posting amazing pictures of your snake. I want to buy a new camera in the near future but I have no idea as to what is a good camera. What do all of you use?

Thanks

Re: Camera Questions

Cannon Rebel XSi DSLR

I have not posted many pics with it yet, but I think it does very well. I think a few people on here have about the same camera. It works well, and doesn't break the bank. I need to get a few more lenses for mine though.
    1.1 CRT Boa -Anery 100% Het Snow . , Salmon 66% P. Het Snow
    3.5 Normal BP Some are P. Het for Axanthic, and Snow
    1.1 Mojave BP
    1.0 Spider BP
    0.1 Pastel BP
    2.0 Fire BP
    1.0 Ghost
    0.1 Possible Axanthic

Thanks

I've always wanted a big professional one with all the works, but that is definitely in the distant future for me. Right now I have a Lumix Mega o.i.s/24mm wide and it works pretty great and takes some great pictures, I haven't had a problem with it yet It's also nice and small, and it's held up really well through several zoo trips and family holidays

Here's a picture of the black version, mine is silver:

(not my picture)
    1.0 normal ball python, Simon
    1.0 spider ball python, Noah
    0.1 genetic blurry ball python, Eleanor

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    - the fox

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Animals As Leaders View Post
    Ok you guys are always posting amazing pictures of your snake. I want to buy a new camera in the near future but I have no idea as to what is a good camera. What do all of you use?

Depends on how much you want to spend and what features you want. Mine is Fugi finepix S1500. 12x optical zoom. Its a great camera but not the greatest for just point and shoot. Has a good macro and super macro setting. The highspeed setting is not what I would like it to be and often still blurs. The double image stablizer is ok. If I take my time while taking pictures and use the manual settings, the quality is better than my old Kodak easyshare but the easyshare was better for faster point n shoot pictures.

The 12x zoom is good to have but If I had spent just a couple hundred more I could have gotten a much better camera.

Remember snakes move alot. Whatever you choose, do some research on the high speed capabilities of the camera and look for one with a good macro mode.
    Last edited by Foschi Exotic Serpents; 02-07-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post

Depends on how much you want to spend and what features you want. Mine is Fugi finepix S1500. 12x optical zoom. Its a great camera but not the greatest for just point and shoot. Has a good macro and super macro setting. The highspeed setting is not what I would like it to be and often still blurs. The double image stablizer is ok. If I take my time while taking pictures and use the manual settings, the quality is better than my old Kodak easyshare but the easyshare was better for faster point n shoot pictures.

The 12x zoom is good to have but If I had spent just a couple hundred more I could have gotten a much better camera.

Remember snakes move alot. Whatever you choose, do some research on the high speed capabilities of the camera and look for one with a good macro mode.
    Its funny you posted foschi because it was when I posted on your thread about your pastel when I realized my camera sucks haha

I want a camera that is your "style." I don't want another pocket camera just because I'm looking for professional grade shots, and want something thats going to deliver. How much did that baby run you? And if you could upgrade what would you get?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    Cannon Rebel XSi DSLR

I have not posted many pics with it yet, but I think it does very well. I think a few people on here have about the same camera. It works well, and doesn't break the bank. I need to get a few more lenses for mine though.
    Just got done checkin this one out, and seems like one serious camera with a serious price. But I would rather invest in something of that quality for the long run. From what I read it has great point and shoot capabilities which is a function Foschi pointed out being critical in terms of capturing your snake the best on film.

PS If you guys are in a good mood I would love to see some shots of your babies and make sure to leave what equipment was used to create the shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Animals As Leaders View Post
    Its funny you posted foschi because it was when I posted on your thread about your pastel when I realized my camera sucks haha

I want a camera that is your "style." I don't want another pocket camera just because I'm looking for professional grade shots, and want something thats going to deliver. How much did that baby run you? And if you could upgrade what would you get?
    Well, I was an idiot and purchased it the moment it caome out so it ran me a little over $200.00

There is a new Cannon that looks almost identical with better features I just saw the other day for around $450.00

The one I really really want though is this one..

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0907/09072704panafz38.asp

Successor to the multiple award winning DMC-FZ28, Panasonic is pleased to introduce the Alumni DMC-FZ38 digital still camera, featuring an AVCHD Elite high-definition movie recording capability combined with powerful 27mm wide angle 18x optical zoom high quality LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens*1. Joining Panasonic's highly regarded FZ series of cameras that pack a high-powered zoom and a host of creative options including manual operation into a compact body, the FZ38 also boasts an upgraded O.I.S(Optical Image Stabiliser) the newly named POWER O.I.S. and ultra high-speed AF together with other enhanced features that boost user fun and convenience...etc etc

And its only between 4/5 hundred$. Better than the Cannons IMO but we have some more professional photographers here on BP.net that can tell you way more than I can.

Registered User singingtothewheat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post

I have this camera and I find it very hard to get the shot I want but I am certainly NO PRO. Someday I want a rebel and photography classes
    singingtothesnakes
    1.1 Normal kids. Well for the most part anyway.
    0.1. Worlds coolest Normal Ball Python (Boo)
    0.1. Mojave Ball Python (Daisy)
    1.0. Pastel Ball Python (Sol)
    1.1. Het. for Axanthic Ball Python (Xan and Xab's)
    1.1. Garden Phase, Amazon Tree Boa's (Jetta & Izzy)
    0.1. Reverse Okeetee Corn Snake (Sarah)
    0.0.1. Gopher Snake (Little Bite)
    The Ghost did not pan out. shoot!

Hopefully by summer I'll be making payments on a 1.1 lesser

Thanks

I like the one you posted Foschi(second one). Really well priced and by all the great reviews I just read, seems like the best camera in terms of bang for the buck. I wanna see some pics though, I think it'd be interesting to see what each camera is capable of.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by singingtothewheat View Post
    I have this camera and I find it very hard to get the shot I want but I am certainly NO PRO. Someday I want a rebel and photography classes
    Glad Im not the only one lol.. Yeah this camera is pretty good but you have to play with it alot. You need patience and some understanding of the manual settings. The macro pictures are amazing for a non moving target but the pictures always look slightly fuzzy or "soft". Like a brushed look. The colors are good with this camera but its definately lacking in areas. What were saying is unless you want to have to tinker with the camera for every shot, dont get this one LOL

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast