Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,306

4 members and 1,302 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks

Re: how long does it take to digest?

No point proven, no ink on my finger. This is not the first time this conversation has been made, and I am not ignorant. If the ink was a issue, I would not use the newspaper.
    1.0 Husband (Aaron)
    1.0 Normal (Milton)
    1.0 Puppy (Ollie)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swingline0.0.1 View Post
    No point proven, no ink on my finger. This is not the first time this conversation has been made, and I am not ignorant. If the ink was a issue, I would not use the newspaper.
    lol i just did it with the newspaper we get in alaska.. finger is black... odd

so like i said point proven like i have said alot of times

what works for others doesnt mean it works here... ya no in alaska? that cold place where liven is hard lol and ink is poisonous

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tizzle89 View Post
    glad to hear no issues but its true the ink doesnt dry.. run ur finger across the pics/ words... now look at ur finger... point proven.. sides ask ur self this question... do i want to live on newspaper for 30 years? just like with my ferrets i put myself in their shoes... do i want to be caged 24/7? nah i wanna run free inside the house and find random objects and hide them from stephen so he has to find them... like ma wallet... lol or liners for my shoes.. always a joy

sides i cant use just paper my heating pads on lowest setting gets to 95+ so i have to use dirt or my snake will cook...

dunno about soy based... but i do know that if a ferret eats it the ferret dies.. but this was back like 10 years ago so they may have changed it.. but every state/city press are diff and may not use this soy based ink
    I have been trying to tell you that THIS IS WHY YOU NEED A THERMOSTAT. Using bedding alone will not prevent thermal burns. The snake CAN and WILL move the substrate.

You seem to be asking questions and when you get an answer you don't want, you ignore it or find some other ambiguous reason or excuse as to why you can't do what we suggest.

If this is really how you want to take care of your animal, so be it. Just know that you aren't taking care of your animal in the best way that you could be.

I am sorry if this comes off harsh but you are just not being cooperative at all. If you want help, take our advice.
    ~Steffe

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaorte For This Useful Post:

Elise.m (02-15-2010),jben (02-15-2010),Swingline0.0.1 (02-15-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    I have been trying to tell you that THIS IS WHY YOU NEED A THERMOSTAT. Using bedding alone will not prevent thermal burns. The snake CAN and WILL move the substrate.

You seem to be asking questions and when you get an answer you don't want, you ignore it or find some other ambiguous reason or excuse as to why you can't do what we suggest.

If this is really how you want to take care of your animal, so be it. Just know that you aren't taking care of your animal in the best way that you could be.

I am sorry if this comes off harsh but you are just not being cooperative at all. If you want help, take our advice.
    i lold trust me my snake is fine. i dont listen to u because its not needed.. i dont need something to do what i can do by turning down the heating pad... or off... since it only gets to that degree if my room is hot.. and i haven't asked a qwestion about my snake in over a week.. this post is very old and everything is fine..

and.. im sorry to say this but yor snake is not my snake visa versa my snake doesnt move his dirt.. my snake spends alot of his time on his logs...

i do remember u saying logs and stuff are not needed... i have to ask.. do they sit in plastic tubs in Africa? never new africa grew rubbermaid tubs.. thats crazy..

NO THEY CHILL ON LOGS, rocks, dirt. leaves... w/e they want lol ide hate to be ur snake with a boring cage just dirt and 2 hides with a water dish... wow thats an ansome life to live for 30+ years ROCK ON ... nah ill keep my cage how i no he likes it and buy him spendy items y... cuz he is mine and i want him to be happy.. kinda like my skink is chilling in a 150 dollar cage that i spent 2 hours fixing up... he eats baby food.. dollar a jar... the good stuff lol
    Gerber< lol also had to buy him some betadine.. 20 dollars for a small bottle just to clean his mouth from the impacted food...

so when u say i dont take care of my animals u can check my food bill

60 a month for my ferrets alone eating the high dollar food to keep them healthy

i take very good care of my animals

and yes I IGNORE U since all u talk about is TEMP TEMP HUMIDITY AND SOME MORE TEMP temp is fine always has been

kkthnx
    tizzay
    1 male bp. norm
    6 ferrets
    1 tree dragon
    1 blue tongue skink
    1 fat tail gecko

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Just because you spend a lot of money, does not mean you are taking care of them right.

I talk about what is important. A log is not important. Temps are important.
    ~Steffe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaorte For This Useful Post:

Swingline0.0.1 (02-17-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

I made a lot of these same statements when I first joined too.

i lold trust me my snake is fine. i dont listen to u because its not needed.. i dont need something to do what i can do by turning down the heating pad... or off... since it only gets to that degree if my room is hot.. and i haven't asked a qwestion about my snake in over a week.. this post is very old and everything is fine..
    You are going to kick yourself when you realise how much time you save by letting a thermostat do this for you (much more accurately and consistently than you could even if you spent 24/7 monitoring and adjusting ).

and.. im sorry to say this but yor snake is not my snake visa versa my snake doesnt move his dirt.. my snake spends alot of his time on his logs...
    All snakes do indeed have their individual quirks and habits - we try and give advice that prevents any possible problems though. The fact yours hasn't done this doesn't mean he never will and prevention is far better than dealing with the consequences (waaaay cheaper too ).

We get to see posts reporting all sorts of really wierd and uncommon snake behaviour and so will bring up possible problems that will sound utterly ridiculous and improbable to you.

i do remember u saying logs and stuff are not needed... i have to ask.. do they sit in plastic tubs in Africa? never new africa grew rubbermaid tubs.. thats crazy..

NO THEY CHILL ON LOGS, rocks, dirt. leaves... w/e they want lol ide hate to be ur snake with a boring cage just dirt and 2 hides with a water dish... wow thats an ansome life to live for 30+ years ROCK ON ... nah ill keep my cage how i no he likes it and buy him spendy items y... cuz he is mine and i want him to be happy..
    Unless your tank is the size of a continent with a perfect hide for every possible combination of temp, humidity and security this argument is simply not relevant.

You cannot perfectly recreate all of Africa in an enclosure so have to try and replicate the part the animal actually wants to be in as closely as possible.

Africa doesn't grow rubbermaids - but you don't have a termite mound or rodent burrow in your house either.

Those two places are where the majority of ball pythons are found in the field and both have very specific and consistant temperatures and humidity ranges. They are also both dark and relatively cramped.

Snakes don't get bored - but they do get stressed.

Buy him an enclosure you enjoy looking at and fill it with expensive items by all means. Just make sure it provides the things the snake actually needs as well and know you are spending the money for you not for the snake.

kinda like my skink is chilling in a 150 dollar cage that i spent 2 hours fixing up... he eats baby food.. dollar a jar... the good stuff lol
    Gerber< lol also had to buy him some betadine.. 20 dollars for a small bottle just to clean his mouth from the impacted food...
    Glad to hear you are getting him sorted.

How does the baby food stack up as a diet for him? I have never kept a BTS so do not really know their nutritional requirements.

so when u say i dont take care of my animals u can check my food bill

60 a month for my ferrets alone eating the high dollar food to keep them healthy

i take very good care of my animals
    Glad to hear it but there really isn't a direct correlation between cost and quality in setting up and maintaining reptile enclosures. Most people who buy a snake starter kit for big $$$ come on here and discover they just bought a load of high priced junk they don't need or want. And didn't get the most important peices of kit that they actually needed at all.

and yes I IGNORE U since all u talk about is TEMP TEMP HUMIDITY AND SOME MORE TEMP temp is fine always has been

kkthnx
    tizzay
    Pity.

She is actually giving you extremely good advice that would make your life easier, cheaper in the long term, and improve the living conditions for the animals in your care.

The reason she keeps talking about those two issues is because they are two of the three things that will make your snake truly thrive.

dr del
    Last edited by dr del; 02-17-2010 at 01:27 PM.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

Elise.m (02-17-2010),jben (02-17-2010),Kaorte (02-17-2010),Swingline0.0.1 (02-17-2010)

Thanks

NO THEY CHILL ON LOGS, rocks, dirt. leaves... w/e they want lol ide hate to be ur snake with a boring cage just dirt and 2 hides with a water dish... wow thats an ansome life to live for 30+ years ROCK ON ... nah ill keep my cage how i no he likes it and buy him spendy items y... cuz he is mine and i want him to be happy..
    Actually they don't chill on logs in the wild. They hide, come out whenever they feel they're hungry or want to mate, and go back into their hide again. That is why they are one of the easiest snakes to take care of, because they don't NEED logs and other things, just two hides and a water bowl.

Seriously, you need to get your head out of the sky and listen to some things. It's always hard to admit you're doing something the way it's not recommended at first, but once you come around to it, it's makes a world difference.
    2.0 Crested Geckos

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elise.m For This Useful Post:

jben (02-17-2010),Swingline0.0.1 (02-17-2010)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456