Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,891

1 members and 2,890 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Thinking about getting a western hog

Very seriously.
    I kind of want to pick up some kind of het. probably het albino. Just because i really like albino hogs, and have thought about breeding in the future. What is a good price for a het albino male or female? Ive seen het males for like $75-$150 on kingsnake. I still want to wait and check the local reptile show to see if they have any. Ive seen them before but im not sure if they had any hets.

If i ever think ill breed would it just be better to buy a pair of het albinos?
    This is my signature
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    0.1 Normal BP
    1.0 Green Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.1 Cat

Graffiti Is Art
    Judge me

Thanks

Re: Thinking about getting a western hog

Well most hets I have seen are $250 for females and $100 for males. If you really want then buy a het albino pair. Or you could buy a het male and a few possible het females and take your chances (very good chances with 3 or more females). I will be buying an albino male and a few normal females (and maybe one het). If you just want a pet you can buy an albino male for only $300 which would be cheaper than hets.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theturtlepond View Post
    Well most hets I have seen are $250 for females and $100 for males. If you really want then buy a het albino pair. Or you could buy a het male and a few possible het females and take your chances (very good chances with 3 or more females). I will be buying an albino male and a few normal females (and maybe one het). If you just want a pet you can buy an albino male for only $300 which would be cheaper than hets.
    i would get a het albino pair but they are alot more then i want to spend right now. I think ill just get a het male... I kinda want a pet but at the same time i want a pet that could possibly breed in the future. $300 is cheaper then a pair of hets probably but you cant breed with one snake
    This is my signature
    0.1 Normal BP
    1.0 Green Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.1 Cat

Graffiti Is Art
    Judge me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

I've seen pairs of hets as low as $200/pr, you could probably find it in your price range.

Personally if I was considering breeding for a recessive trait, I'd go ahead and fork out the $ for a visual homozygous male.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    I've seen pairs of hets as low as $200/pr, you could probably find it in your price range.

Personally if I was considering breeding for a recessive trait, I'd go ahead and fork out the $ for a visual homozygous male.
    That would deffinatley be a possibility. I dont really have a need for a pair as it is now. This is more like a pet, but i kinda want to have that option of breeding in the future. So im guessing it would be best to get a het female now, and albino male later? Since het pairs are kind of inefficient.

Thanks
    This is my signature
    0.1 Normal BP
    1.0 Green Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.1 Cat

Graffiti Is Art
    Judge me