Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,090

4 members and 1,086 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Answer for DE reptile people

ok I just got offthe phone with the state vet , and talked to her for about an hour( she was glad ot get off with me I bet) For those of us that want to breed smaller snakes ( up to 5ft long like ball pythons, corns, milk, and such ) just apply for a sales permit and it renewed every year. They only will want ot know the numbers of the snakes in your care, who you sold too, and any deaths/birth your had, they not worried about the profit part unless they get reports of animal neglect and such. and no business lic at this time. You need the Zoo permit ( or a request for a allowance if want to breed the large snakes like redtails, burmese, and retics.. The reason they changed the regulations was cause people were not keeping up the information on their permits. I may been one of a few. I don't mind calling/writing down what i have and sending them that info if it lets me keep my babies.

I know the system not perfect but it a start to help maybe relax the system in a decade or so. I also asked her about the other state ( locally) regulations she does not know any thing about them. She said last she heard that MD had no exotic regualtion but way she talked no sopost ot have them..lol I find that hard to believe.

The permti apps will be ready some time ni the next 2-3 weeks. and will get maild from there. I asked to have a note made to my records that I still be willing to take in rescued/abandon snakes.

I already try to keep a rescord of my reptiles anyhow so this will not be any extra paper work ( unless they want to know he sex of each snakes I still not learn to probe them) maybe something I try and get down pat at the cambridge reptile show Febuary if I get t ogo. my main project now will be to get some extra information together to help other if need be PM me if you need help in DE...
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Thanks

Re: Answer for DE reptile people

and update for all

I am inthe middle of applying for the DE permit and I was told if you want ot breed any animal ( outside the large constrictors like he burmese, retics, and boa) under I think it like 5-6 ft long ball pythons are allowed ) under a sales permit . for the larger snakes you need to get a acredited Zoo permit.. Outside of a rehab and a zoo permit they are a simple paper work and only 25 bucks ( single permits are 25 per animal ) so a sale permit best if you have more than 4 snakes( other animals) per animal permit are good for 3 years so if only one or 2 snakes cheapest way. anything over 4 animales the sale permit will be cheaper. I gonig owith the sales since i want ot breed snakes ( limited) and have 18 snakes right now )
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mechnut450 For This Useful Post:

dr del (02-26-2010)

Thanks

Re: Answer for DE reptile people

oh joy I got the new permit for DE and man I could design a better one and print it out on the computer and still be cheaper than what they paid some IT guy to make lol.. I feel sorry for anyone that pays for the 3 year one cause they really goingo t be irked over what they recieve. lol the funny thing is i am only number 14 of the version I got lol not sure if that just ajoke or it just shows that people don't gives a rat rear and not bothering to get the permit.
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied