Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,419

3 members and 3,416 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: New Year's Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by Repfanaticlady28 View Post
    No need to dive anywhere. Allowing mutts to breed in this already overpopulated country equals careless. Good for you! You are finding good homes for the puppies that shouldn't have even been produced so now those families will not adopt the homeless dogs/puppies in shelters. I bet you're not getting the puppies spayed/neutered before they go to new homes (contracts are not a guarantee). Yay! Thousands more accidental litters helping to fill up animal shelters even more.

Congratulations on finally figuring it out. Too bad it's 2 litters too late. If you had gotten her fixed before her first heat then I'd commend you. Now you could be dealing with some major health issues because you allowed her to breed. No commendation for that. Play it however you want to make yourself feel better. I know how it really is. I've been to high kill shelters many times over. You obviously have no idea where the dogs that don't find homes go or you could just care less. Since you and many others on this forum think they're not your problem and keep adding to it I, and many others like me, have a lot of work to do. Thank you very much! Have fun with your puppies. I hope I don't see them in the shelter someday.
    You don't have to be rude about this. I'm sure he'll get these puppies to good homes and have none of them ending up in the pound. A person breeding mutts isn't considered careless. There are people who breed pure breds and are careless to the point the puppies get skinny and have external/internal parasites. Everyone is different, but I'm sure many people who breed their dogs aren't careless. There are people who breed snakes that are careless to what happens to those snakes by selling them to pet stores, just like there are people who give their dogs to pounds. I think it was best for you to not comment if you did not like this thread.
    Tiff'z Morphz

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoolioTiffany For This Useful Post:

Jyson (01-04-2010),Swingline0.0.1 (01-04-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

I love it when people claim to love dogs and then produce mutts when there's TONS of homeless pets in shelters and rescues everywhere. NOW I remember why I don't look at this section. Don't care if I rained on your parade either. People need to get their freakin heads out of the clouds, or wherever else they may be.
    A little bit rude are we ? Why not just avoid these threads if you can not be nice next time
    Joe Haggard

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

Jyson (01-04-2010)

Thanks

I think Repfanaticlady28 is being a tad rude, but I do agree with her statements.

Later, Matt
    MH

Who the hell is Pat?

"Pattimuss doesn't run, he prances most delicately, like a beautiful but sad fairy, winged and capped, curly toed shoes on each foot, dancing on dewdrops while lazy crickets play soft music for him to keep time by...." - Wes

Thanks

No need to dive anywhere. Allowing mutts to breed in this already overpopulated country equals careless. Good for you! You are finding good homes for the puppies that shouldn't have even been produced so now those families will not adopt the homeless dogs/puppies in shelters. I bet you're not getting the puppies spayed/neutered before they go to new homes (contracts are not a guarantee). Yay! Thousands more accidental litters helping to fill up animal shelters even more.

Congratulations on finally figuring it out. Too bad it's 2 litters too late. If you had gotten her fixed before her first heat then I'd commend you. Now you could be dealing with some major health issues because you allowed her to breed. No commendation for that. Play it however you want to make yourself feel better. I know how it really is. I've been to high kill shelters many times over. You obviously have no idea where the dogs that don't find homes go or you could just care less. Since you and many others on this forum think they're not your problem and keep adding to it I, and many others like me, have a lot of work to do. Thank you very much! Have fun with your puppies. I hope I don't see them in the shelter someday.
    First off, I don't disagree with what you are saying, but you are not going about this the right way. Being very rude, and making assumptions doesn't help your arguement.

Actually, yes we do get the puppies fix, and we get them their shots too. Along with that we check on the dogs every few months to make sure they are being taken care of, if they are not, then we take the dog back and refund their money (as it states in the contract.) Also before we even put any of the pups in the new owners hands, we make sure that the environment they are being place in is suitable to their needs.

You obviously have no idea where the dogs that don't find homes go or you could just care less.
    Actually yes I do. I've even seen what happens to animals when are under the care and supervision of an abusive owner. Which is why we go out of our way to make sure that every single animal that we give away adopt out/sell etc. is being care for and loved.

There is always a right way and a wrong way to go about things. Anyone can spit your arguement back at anyone who bred their pets, even someone who is breeding their snakes. So if you have such a problem with this, then why don't you make your own thread and rant all about it.

Thanks

While I can understand your argument, not everybody wants a puppy from a shelter.
    1.0 Husband (Aaron)
    1.0 Normal (Milton)
    1.0 Puppy (Ollie)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingline0.0.1 For This Useful Post:

CoolioTiffany (01-04-2010)

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts

Better bet is getting all the puppies microchipped so if they do end up in a shelter you get notified. Only 1 in 4 dogs end up in it's first home, too many people move or have a baby or just plain don't think a dog matters that much, they'll just get another. I'm sure whoever bred my dogs thought their buyers were great owners too. One got rehomed on Craigslist due to a move and the other ended up in a kill shelter with no one to claim him.

In the past 4 months I've fostered 3 mixed breed puppies, one the local vet even recognized because the buyers had brought her in several times, didn't care enough to come pick her up at the pound though. I just don't see the point in breeding more pet quality dogs and mutts, 4 million dogs put down every year isn't enough? Not like anyone that wanted a mutt couldn't find one without you adding to it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

catawhat75 (01-05-2010),Jamie-n-Heith (01-05-2010),Repfanaticlady28 (01-05-2010)

Thanks

Sorry but breeding mutts=irresponsible.
    35 million dogs die every year in shelters.

And Im glad you find them good homes... Do you have contracts stating you will take the dogs back should the owners ever need to get rid of them?
    Did you health test your dogs to ensure you are not passing on genetic diseases? (hip and elbow testing, eyes and ears? whatever else is relevant to your breeds of dogs?)
    Did you title your dogs to prove that they are of breeding quality? That they possess more traits then being a nice dog that can be passed down to the pups ?

Sorry. But when millions of dogs die every year in shelters, I cannot sit back and let people who breed irresponsibly think they are not doing something wrong.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starrlamia For This Useful Post:

catawhat75 (01-05-2010),Repfanaticlady28 (01-05-2010)

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: New Year's Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
    Sorry but breeding mutts=irresponsible.
    35 million dogs die every year in shelters.

And Im glad you find them good homes... Do you have contracts stating you will take the dogs back should the owners ever need to get rid of them?
    Did you health test your dogs to ensure you are not passing on genetic diseases? (hip and elbow testing, eyes and ears? whatever else is relevant to your breeds of dogs?)
    Did you title your dogs to prove that they are of breeding quality? That they possess more traits then being a nice dog that can be passed down to the pups ?

Sorry. But when millions of dogs die every year in shelters, I cannot sit back and let people who breed irresponsibly think they are not doing something wrong.
    I'm sure Jyson didn't breed irresponsibly. Wanna hear of a real irresponsible breeding?

My oldest dog, Max, was bred from a guy who bred his German Shepherd and Australian Shepherd together. My oldest sister really wanted a dog, and my mom said she could get one when she has straight A's. She got the straight A's, and went almost everywhere in town looking for a dog. She did not like any of the dogs she saw, until my mom brought her to the guy's house who bred the two dogs. There were two puppies left, chained tightly to the fence. The mother was also chained to the fence. To the point they could barely go anywhere. My sister picked the puppy she liked, and we took him home. We took him to the vet because Max was infested with fleas. Today, Max is turning 14 on January 13. He is a very healthy dog and still likes to act like a puppy sometimes. Jyson doesn't have his dogs and puppies infested with fleas and chained to a fence outside. So if you think Jyson is breeding irresponsibly, that statement is wrong.
    Tiff'z Morphz

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoolioTiffany For This Useful Post:

Jyson (01-04-2010),Swingline0.0.1 (01-04-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swingline0.0.1 View Post
    While I can understand your argument, not everybody wants a puppy from a shelter.
    Puppies and dogs from shelters can have kennel cough. Three dogs of mine have had it, and Max almost died from it at age 9 because my dog Buddy had it. My other dog Lily had it so we did not introduce her to Buddy until it was completely gone, we didn't want any of our dogs getting kennel cough again. It is a definite nightmare. Max got it real bad--he was throwing up a lot, pooping/peeing everywhere, had snot everywhere.. it was just horrible. That's one of the main reason why it isn't that great to get a dog from a shelter, even though you are giving a dog a new home and stuff, sometimes it's not worth it if the dog can die from kennel cough.
    Tiff'z Morphz

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoolioTiffany For This Useful Post:

Jyson (01-06-2010),Swingline0.0.1 (01-04-2010)

Thanks

I love it when people claim to love dogs and then produce mutts when there's TONS of homeless pets in shelters and rescues everywhere. NOW I remember why I don't look at this section. Don't care if I rained on your parade either. People need to get their freakin heads out of the clouds, or wherever else they may be.
    x2

And I don't think you're being rude about it. Life isn't all cotton candy and gumdrops. This is REALITY.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jt. For This Useful Post:

Repfanaticlady28 (01-05-2010)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast