Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,971

2 members and 1,969 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User ExoticPythonBreeders's Avatar
    Thanks

New Python Information Website www.exoticpythonbreeders.com

Exoticpythonbreeders.com would like to invite, all Lovers and breeders of Pythons, including Ball Pythons, Burmese Pythons, Reticulated Pythons, Children's Pythons, Pygmy Pythons, Papuan Pythons, Woma Pythons, White Lipped Pythons, Water Pythons, Olive Pythons, Amethystine Pythons, Boelen's Pythons, Jungle Carpet Pythons, Diamond Pythons, Green Tree Pythons, Angolan Pythons, Blood Pythons, Borneo Short Tailed Pythons, Indian Pythons, Rock Pythons and all other Pythons from the Antaresia, Apodora, Aspidites, Bothrochilus, Leiopython, Liasis, Morelia and Python Genera to have a look at our website for a compilation of information and pictures of each species in the Pythonidae Family section!

You will also find useful links including info on licensing your pet Pythons, care and breeding tip links, and more in our Web Links page located in the Learning Center. You may also add your url in the add your website section if you wish.

Thanks for Looking!

Happy New Year's to everyone!!! 2010 is finally here!!!

www.exoticpythonbreeders.com

Registered User singingtothewheat's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Python Information Website www.exoticpythonbreeders.com

Wow, great site. I like it a lot!
    singingtothesnakes
    1.1 Normal kids. Well for the most part anyway.
    0.1. Worlds coolest Normal Ball Python (Boo)
    0.1. Mojave Ball Python (Daisy)
    1.0. Pastel Ball Python (Sol)
    1.1. Het. for Axanthic Ball Python (Xan and Xab's)
    1.1. Garden Phase, Amazon Tree Boa's (Jetta & Izzy)
    0.1. Reverse Okeetee Corn Snake (Sarah)
    0.0.1. Gopher Snake (Little Bite)
    The Ghost did not pan out. shoot!

Hopefully by summer I'll be making payments on a 1.1 lesser

3. The Following User Says Thank You to singingtothewheat For This Useful Post:

ExoticPythonBreeders (01-01-2010)

BPnet Senior Member iCandiBallPythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 829 Posts

Killer site! Dig it.
    Malcolm S.
    Premier Ball Python Mutations

Like Us on Face Book or Visit our website

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iCandiBallPythons For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow, thx guys! Nice to hear!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

I do have a comment - since this is a "python" breeder's website. You mention that you can visit a breeder's full page and see information about upcoming litters.

Pythons don't have litters, they have clutches. Boas have litters:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You are right! Made the appropriate correction.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

On Page three of Pythonidae, for the African Rock Python - that looks an awful lot like a boa to me, not a python.

Also, I personally would prefer that if you're supporting breeders, that you don't support non-scientific, non-peer reviewed information on your site, especially since we're working so hard to dispel the incorrect information in that gray paper (aka US Geological Study) and are currently fighting legislation that could ban these animals.

Alien Giant Snakes Threaten to Invade Up to 1/3 of U.S.

Ker Than
    for National Geographic News
    October 14, 2009

Nine species of giant snakes---none of them native to North America and all popular pets among reptile lovers---could wreak havoc on U.S. ecosystems if the snakes become established in the wild, according to a new study by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).

Two of the giant snakes are already at home in Florida. One of them, the Burmese python, has the potential to infiltrate the entire lower third of the U.S., the study says. Read more: Link 1 Link 2

Last edited by rabernet; 01-01-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks

I know exactly what you mean, I thought about removing that part over the last couple of days for the exact same reason and logic, I just wanted to have a link or article to both the current movement against the certain python species ban and the supposedly spreading of Burmese in the everglades.

I will probably adjust that part though, it's been bothering me as well when I look at it.

I will also take a a look at that African Rock Python picture and change it if necessary, thanks for noticing it!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticPythonBreeders View Post
    I know exactly what you mean, I thought about removing that part over the last couple of days for the exact same reason and logic, I just wanted to have a link or article to both the current movement against the certain python species ban and the supposedly spreading of Burmese in the everglades.

I will probably adjust that part though, it's been bothering me as well when I look at it.

I will also take a a look at that African Rock Python picture and change it if necessary, thanks for noticing it!!
    Why not replace that with links to these sites instead?

http://www.nosnakeban.com
    http://www.kill-s373.com

Maybe even put this up instead - and give credit to: Jonathan Brady and Chris DeLange

FAQ on S. 373 - Summary
    What is S. 373 and what is its main goal?
    - S. 373 is a bill introduced by Senator Bill Nelson (D of Florida) as an attempt to address the spread of the Burmese python beyond its already-established range of the Everglades National Park by adding them to Title 18 of the US Code – and therefore punishable by the Lacey Act.

What is the current complete list of animals on S. 373?
    - Pythons: Indian, Burmese, Reticulated, African Rock, and Southern African Rock
    - Boa: All 10 subspecies of Boa constrictor (ie, imperator, constrictor, amarali, occidentalis, etc.)
    - Anacondas: Yellow, Green, Dark Spotted, Beni/Bolivian

What are some of the criticisms of the bill?
    - This bill is being pushed by anti-pet organizations.
    - It doesn’t address the problem of Burmese pythons in the Everglades and is not supported by good science.

What will be the legal effect of adding these species to Title 18?

- It will be illegal to move any of the above animals, offspring, or eggs across state lines, for any reason unless a permit is obtained (available to vets, schools, zoos, etc. Not available to private owners, breeders, dealers, importers, etc.)

What are some of the practical implications of adding these species to Title 18 and subsequently invoking the Lacey Act?
    - It will be illegal to seek out veterinary care across state lines
    - It will be illegal to move to another state and bring your pets with you
    - Thousands of family owned businesses will fail overnight

What are some of the potential penalties of violating the Lacey Act?

- Destroying the animal involved, massive fines and prison time, seizure of the vessel used to transport

I’ve heard S. 373 will ban the ownership of Burmese pythons and the other animals listed. Will I have to resort to euthanasia?
    - S. 373 will not ban the ownership, breeding, possession, or sale of, any of the animals listed or their offspring, within the confines of the state of origin, as long as the animal was not obtained illegally.
    - You will not have to resort to euthanasia. You are allowed to keep your pet as long as you never leave the state with it.

I’ve heard that S. 373 will make it illegal to own or transport a snakeskin wallet, hat, purse, etc.
    - This only applies to raw materials (ie, snakeskin), not finished goods (ie, hats)

Is there documentation to support the claim that irresponsible owners have released Burmese pythons into the Everglades?
    - According to the Everglades National Park employees, “no”.

I don’t own any of the species listed above, why should I care? The government and the HSUS are not attacking my interests.
    - The first attempt at banning all non-native animals failed. This is the first step in an attempt to systematically destroy the entire pet industry, group by group. Your animals are likely next.

How does this differ from, or relate to the Rules for Reptiles of Concern (ROC) in Florida?
    - The ROC rules require that keepers apply for a $100 annual permit and microchip each animal greater than 2” in diameter in their possession of the following species: Pythons: Indian, Burmese, African Rock, Amethystine, Reticulated. Anaconda: Green. Monitor: Nile. ROC places no restrictions on interstate sale and transport.

How does this differ from HR 2811?
    - The language of HR2811 and S. 373 started out identical, but have been amended differently to encompass different animals. S. 373 will likely be the language adopted.

If this law does go into effect, will owners/breeders/etc. be given some type of "grace period" to move out of state (or country), modify their business plan or do whatever else is necessary to keep their animals? Will there be a class action suit?
    - Generally, bills signed into law go into effect January 1, of the next year.
    - Although it seems we will have the necessary prerequisites to initiate a class action suit, cost will be prohibitive.

How can I help?
    - Minimum, sign up to receive emails from USARK (www.usark.org).
    - Helpful, join USARK and/or donate.
    - Better, contact your Senators and House representatives. Be polite! Tell them why you oppose S. 373 and HR 2811. Do this often.
    - Best, visit your Senators and House representatives in person. Contact USARK for talking points.
    - Spread the message. Tell everyone who will listen and gain his or her commitment to help!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There is already a link to http://www.nosnakeban.com and a http://www.natpet.org/index.php/legi...ban-fact-sheet link/banner in the Web Links section. I modified the previous story we talked about and will try to fit in somehow the info by Jonathan Brady and Chris DeLange. Thanks.
    Last edited by ExoticPythonBreeders; 01-01-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast