Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,746

1 members and 2,745 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Response I recieved from Senator Bob Casey on Pa

Dear Mr. Long:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding S. 373. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

Senator Bill Nelson of Florida introduced S. 373 on February 3, 2009, at which time it was referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works, of which I am not a member. This bill would amend the federal criminal code to add the constrictor snake of the species Python genera to the list of injurious species that are prohibited from being shipped or imported into the United States.

I recognize that many Pennsylvanians are concerned about the implications of this proposal. Therefore, I will continue to closely monitor this matter. Should the full Senate consider this or related proposals, pleased be assured that I will keep your views in mind.

As always, I appreciate your views, thoughts, and concerns as they assist me in understanding what is important to the people of Pennsylvania. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Re: Response I recieved from Senator Bob Casey on Pa

I got the same exact response from him. I live in Pennsylvania myself.

Thanks

im technically a PA resident, should i contact him or my rep in Maryland? (where im living?)

Once i figure out who to contact, i was thinking about asking if i could bring my juvie boa with me, assuming i get a meeting scheduled, so they could SEE and interact with what HSUS/PETA are trying to take away (With permission only of course).

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

I guess it really wouldn't hurt to contact Senator Casey or your representative in Maryland. I live right along the Maryland border in Pennsylvania and I am thinking of contacting a rep in Maryland also.