Dear Mr. Long:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding S. 373. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

Senator Bill Nelson of Florida introduced S. 373 on February 3, 2009, at which time it was referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works, of which I am not a member. This bill would amend the federal criminal code to add the constrictor snake of the species Python genera to the list of injurious species that are prohibited from being shipped or imported into the United States.

I recognize that many Pennsylvanians are concerned about the implications of this proposal. Therefore, I will continue to closely monitor this matter. Should the full Senate consider this or related proposals, pleased be assured that I will keep your views in mind.

As always, I appreciate your views, thoughts, and concerns as they assist me in understanding what is important to the people of Pennsylvania. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator