Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,827

2 members and 2,825 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give up!

Thanks

I give up!

these bills are killing me, hr669, s373 and all the others..... What i dont understand is why the heck is banning pets so freaking important when we are in a depression (its not a ressesion anymore IMO) anywho im tired of sending emails. So what im going to do is keep my one ball python and dont care. just my personal self $00.02 cents
    1.0 Normal ball python
    and my other animals 1.1 dogs

BG and Skiploder fan

Thanks

Re: I give up!

Well as i and many others will completely disagree with you, in all honesty that is the way the situation has become. No one else cares about reptiles, it doesn't matter, they don't own any reptiles, all they own are cats and dogs. We can't give up and there is still a long way to go before this is all over and done with.
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

We cannot give up now. We have to keep up the fight. Giving up is what our enemies at PETA and H$U$ want us to do.
    Specialty Serpents
    www.specialtyserpents.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dc1 View Post
    these bills are killing me, hr669, s373 and all the others..... What i dont understand is why the heck is banning pets so freaking important when we are in a depression (its not a ressesion anymore IMO) anywho im tired of sending emails. So what im going to do is keep my one ball python and dont care. just my personal self $00.02 cents
    I had a few questions for you but I erased them. It really upsets me when folks such as yourself makes these kind of statements. Why you may ask?

I am also from the great state of South Carolina. We live in one of if not the most reptile friendly state there is.

My family and I are fighting with all our might. We only own a few boas and do not plan on breeding them or selling them. So this ban would do nothing to us personally but....WE are fighting as if it would.

On a professional level, YES the ban would effect us. It would decease the Reptile shows we are involved in, if not make them ALL go away.

What if this ban was about dogs and they wanted to ban the 1.1 type of dogs you have? Would you not fight for them? Would you not want EVERYONE to fight for them?

I hope I have missed read your post, if that is the case I apologize!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to southerncat For This Useful Post:

Denial (12-13-2009),johnsonw84 (12-14-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

This is disappointing. Due to some personal reasons I felt it necessary to re-home my snakes, and I am very greatful to the person who took them for me. And it was a painful decision. So currently, I don't even have any pets, but I am helping fight this to the best of my ability because I hope to get some more reptiles in the future once I get things stabilized. I have sent literally hundreds of faxes, e-mails, and phone calls. This is all I can do for now and I feel bad that I can't do more. I'm not fighting for what I have. I'm fighting for freedom of choice. I'm fighting for what I hope to accomplish in the future. So, to just sit down and give up, especially when you have the pleasure of owning and interacting with one of these amazing creatures, is kind of weak, and I hope you will reconsider your stance...

Rob
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Not everyone has it in them to fight for a cause. I don't blame them for our problems, I blame PETA, HSUS, and those elected officials who are behind it all.

How many of you have written your elected officials about all your personal beliefs on issues related to government?
    Last edited by mainbutter; 12-13-2009 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks

I'm curious as to what the objective was in posting this thread. I know it can be overwhelming at times, all the e-mails, calls, websites to sign up on... But we need all the support we can get from each other right now. And seeing someone, even if it's just one person, say they give up isn't very encouraging. Granted majority of us will keep fighting even if we see people laying down while the bill pushes on. I just hope this didn't make even more people feel like the fight isn't worth it, because it is.
    2.0 Crested Geckos

Thanks

Well, the way I see it is if they pass these laws, they will have their foot in the door to ban everything else. So I say when is enough, enough? If we sit idly by and let them ban all big snakes then they will be bored and go after other things. If you wait until it personally affects you then it will be too late IMO. I say send a message now that they will have a major fight on their hands and maybe they will back off a bit.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SNIKTTIME For This Useful Post:

johnsonw84 (12-14-2009),reixox (12-14-2009)

Thanks

I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm tired of fighting this crap, too. It all seems futile, really. Stupid usually wins the day, while thought goes out the window.

I'm still gonna fight, though, no matter how I think this will turn out. I would be forever angry with myself if I didn't do anything and we lost our rights. It's much easier to live with "Well, we did our best," than "I wonder what would've happened if I'd done just a little bit more to help."
    Periodic Table Pythons - Quality, captive-bred pythons? It's elementary!

1.0 VPI Axanthic, 1.0 Genetic Stripe, 1.0 Red Axanthic, 1.0 Lesser Platinum, 1.0 50% Het Albino, 0.1 Albino, 0.1 Het VPI Axanthic, 0.1 Het Red Axanthic, 0.1 Het G-Stripe, 0.1 Woma, 0.1 Mojave, 0.1 Normal.

Thanks

I'm not all that worked up over it, because a) I know no American elected officials are listening anymore, and b) I will keep whatever animals I like, regardless of whether or not it's legal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast