Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,100

0 members and 3,100 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Pythons equal fireworks

im understanding that if bill passes, the wont be banned to buy but banned to by out of state, um well in good ole NC, fire works that shoot up in the aire, are illegal but around the 4th people 24/7 juimp the boarder to buy, some, so ummm,not condunung ANY ILLEGAL activity, but if you cross line with, snake, unless you actuallly get stopped then no-one will persay know. cause how many times has one, shot off an illegal firecracker or bottle rocket. it will just be hard for BHB-NERD and high profile snakes breeders to sell, as cockfighting is illegal but game bird farms advertise there, birds all the time, with a little stamp saying no intended for illegal purposes, AS I SAID BEFORE NO CONDONING ANY BREAKING OF LAW, JUST WONDERING

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Re: Pythons equal fireworks

I believe that the Lacey Act stipulates that any species that is part of it is illegal to own, and any that are in captivity must be put down.

I could be wrong.

Thanks

yea, i read it to so now I am confused, S323, wow i've seen that bill so much i still dont remember it. is it differant from lacey act, and the HR bill, or are they all tied, in cause i herad S323, lets people keep them, then i heard as you have saying Lacey saying the will be illegal and killed, so little confused or are they 2 bills going

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BOWSER11788 View Post
    yea, i read it to so now I am confused, S323, wow i've seen that bill so much i still dont remember it. is it differant from lacey act, and the HR bill, or are they all tied, in cause i herad S323, lets people keep them, then i heard as you have saying Lacey saying the will be illegal and killed, so little confused or are they 2 bills going
    both bills are going still at this point

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    I believe that the Lacey Act stipulates that any species that is part of it is illegal to own, and any that are in captivity must be put down.

I could be wrong.
    That is not correct.

Lacey only regulates the transport of injurious or endangered species between states or in to/out of the US.

When it comes to matters of injurious or endangered species within a state, the Federal Government allows the states to govern themselves ... for now.

If these bills become law, you'll still be able to own, breed, sell, and transport within the state your animals are in at the time of it's passage. Any movement across state lines is a felony (smuggling charge) punishable by up to 10 years in federal prison and a $10,000 fine.

Hope this helps.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Adam_Wysocki For This Useful Post:

bdevillier19 (12-14-2009),Denial (12-13-2009),Freakie_frog (12-13-2009),iCandiBallPythons (12-14-2009),steveboos (12-13-2009),tonkatoyman (12-14-2009)

Thanks

it does thanx

Thanks

So what do you have to do to transport an animal legally across state lines? Permits and all that yada?

Thanks

Technically, interstate transport of animals requires a health certificate signed by a veterinarian. This law is only really enforced for livestock, however. But we're all technically breaking the law right now when we send snakes to buyers out of state without a health certificate. Here is a link to the USDA/APHIS website that has information about specific state import laws: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_exp...s_states.shtml

I believe the new laws being proposed would ban interstate transport altogether -- whether a health certificate accompanies the animal or not. Which is totally pointless, IMO, especially considering the current regulations aren't being enforced. I assume pythons already exist in all the states, so what good would banning their interstate transport do? Same with banning importation into the country -- they're already here so what's the point?
    Would you breed a wobbler dog even though it had a cool coat?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    So what do you have to do to transport an animal legally across state lines? Permits and all that yada?
    Nothing. No permit. It won't be possible ever if this passes into law.

American Service Men and Women with pythons and boas won't be able to return to their home state after being discharged from the military.

Animals that need specialized veterinary care from a doctor in another state won't be able to get it.

Families that need to move to a new state in order to get work, care for an ailing family member, or retire, will not be able to.

College students attending school away won't be able to move back home with their pets.

Residents living in an area struck by a natural disaster won't be able to evacuate to safety in another state or receive FEMA services that might only be available outside of the disaster area in another state.

These animals will be in peoples homes for the next 30 years at least ... and the people that own them will be left with absolutely no options. One of their most basic freedoms, the freedom of movement within the United States, will be summarily stripped away from them based on a flawed scientific report written by 2 guys and the political will of 3 US Senators.

I am extremely distraught for the breeders and their families, employees, etc that will be financially ruined by this ban, but I am even more disgusted at the actions of our government that will so flippantly trample on our American Democracy that has been preserved by the blood of millions of patriots for over 300 years.

For these reasons, I will give everything I have to this fight. For as long as it takes.

God Bless Us All,

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Adam_Wysocki For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

bdevillier19 (12-14-2009),BOWSER11788 (12-13-2009),cardell75 (12-13-2009),Emilio (12-13-2009),Eventide (12-14-2009),Hulihzack (12-13-2009),minguss (12-14-2009),monk90222 (12-13-2009),neilgolli (12-13-2009),rabernet (12-15-2009),Russ Lawson (12-13-2009),steveboos (12-13-2009),tonkatoyman (12-14-2009),Vypyrz (12-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki View Post
    Nothing. No permit. It won't be possible ever if this passes into law.

American Service Men and Women with pythons and boas won't be able to return to their home state after being discharged from the military.

Animals that need specialized veterinary care from a doctor in another state won't be able to get it.

Families that need to move to a new state in order to get work, care for an ailing family member, or retire, will not be able to.

College students attending school away won't be able to move back home with their pets.

Residents living in an area struck by a natural disaster won't be able to evacuate to safety in another state or receive FEMA services that might only be available outside of the disaster area in another state.

These animals will be in peoples homes for the next 30 years at least ... and the people that own them will be left with absolutely no options. One of their most basic freedoms, the freedom of movement within the United States, will be summarily stripped away from them based on a flawed scientific report written by 2 guys and the political will of 3 US Senators.

I am extremely distraught for the breeders and their families, employees, etc that will be financially ruined by this ban, but I am even more disgusted at the actions of our government that will so flippantly trample on our American Democracy that has been preserved by the blood of millions of patriots for over 300 years.

For these reasons, I will give everything I have to this fight. For as long as it takes.

God Bless Us All,

-adam

Well said, the first line is me in a nutshell.

It brings to mind a simple quote that really stuck with me:

The few who look forward, while always knocking on new doors, no matter how futile it may seem or how insignificant their progress, will carry the many who just keep waiting for things to get better.
    Mike Dooley
    Charles B. Cardell
    www.ciderinc.com

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing
    it. - George Bernard Shaw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast