Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,861

1 members and 2,860 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

So, Dad Wants Geckos...

Well, as some of you have read my first topic here, ya'll know I've had lots of critters, lol.

I've also mentioned dad's interested in geckos- particularly leopard ones, or ones with plenty of orange. I know there are a lot of species of them, but neither he and I know a whole lot about the different colors yet. We've had them before, but back when online research wasn't exactly... done. Lol.

There are a few bigger towns decently close to us, such as Evansville, Indiana, which has a petsmart and a place called Harp's, which also has a website. However, its been more than thirteen years since we've looked in the sales of reptiles (til now of course). Its been getting about 7F here lately mornings and evenings, so we definitely won't be shipping any time soon..

But does anyone know the specific gecko breeds that petsmart usually has? We also have access to a petco, but we've never been in it and therefore don't know what they carry either. And, really, all we're doing right now is looking and trying to get an idea of what we want- this way, we won't waste a breeder's time snooping through what they've got.. And we're all about the breeders. Very happy recommenders when it comes to a happy purchase- we know what having the reputations like!

Much thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Kritters4Keeps; 12-12-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks

Re: So, Dad Wants Geckos...

Your post is kind of confusing but im guessing your mainly looking at leopard geckos. The different morphs arent different species, or breeds. They are morphs. And if you going to go to petsmart or petco your going to get a normal and may not be very healthy. Go with a breeder. And if you like the oranges on the leo's then id suggest a sunglow.
    Connor Paschke
    Pre-vet Major at SUNY Plattsburgh

1.0 Jungle Carpet Pythons (Headhunter lineage)
    1.0 Dwarf Albino Reticulated Python (Steve Gooch)

Thanks

Re: So, Dad Wants Geckos...

I've already indicated I'd go to a breeder. I do not trust pet stores, never have, never will. My dad and I traveled over two hours to get our hedgehogs, its not going to be any different with reptiles. The morph thing I get. Thanks for the info!