Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,121

0 members and 3,121 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Letter Writing to Senators Made Easy

Attached is my one page, to the point letter that I sent to my two state senators. While I prefer that you personalize it and modify it as it applies to you, you also have my permission to use my main points. Hope this helps.

To (Your senator)
    Senate Bill S373
    My name is (insert your name). I am a lifelong resident of Wisconsin who keeps and breeds several species of pythons and boa constrictors both as a hobby and as a passion for over 15 years. I would like to bring to your attention my concerns regarding Senate Bill 373, which is a bill that would amend the Federal lacey Act prohibit the interstate movement, sale, commerce, and transport of nine (9) species of boa and python snakes, as seen below:
    1. Python molurus (Burmese and Indian Python)
    2. Broghammeras reticulates (Reticulated Python)
    3. Python sebae (African Rock Python)
    4. Python natalensis (South African Rock Python)
    5. Boa constrictor
    6. Eunectes notaeus (Yellow Anaconda)
    7. Eunectes deschauenseei (De Schauensees Anaconda)
    8. Eunectes murinus (Green Anaconda)
    9. Eunectes beniensis (Bolivian Anaconda)
    Senate bill S373 has recently been moved to the full U.S. Senate and awaits a floor vote. As it is currently written, S373 will have grave impacts on numerous breeders, enthusiasts, and other businesses centered around these animals throughout the United States. The boa and python segment of the reptile industry in the US is believed to generate at least 3 million annually. If passed into law, S373 will further stifle an already struggling economy.
    Senate Bill 373 is also based on a recent report by the USGS (United States Geological Survey) assessing the potential spread of the aforementioned 9 species in the United States. However, this report that S373 is based upon examines only one factor, climate, for their expansion when in reality that are numerous other factors that influence and limit an animal’s distribution. Sub sequentially, this report has been deemed “unscientific” by a group of independent scientists.
    To conclude, Please do not vote for S373. Not only would its passage result in the loss of an increasing multi million dollar industry that is economically viable, but the bill itself is not based on sound or justifiable science as it is currently written.
    Thank You,
    Eric Roscoe
    (Put your address and phone number here)
    Last edited by ER12; 12-11-2009 at 04:29 PM.
    Specialty Serpents
    www.specialtyserpents.com

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ER12 For This Useful Post:

Ammodawg (12-11-2009),Denial (12-11-2009),minguss (12-11-2009),wolfy-hound (12-11-2009)