well heres the whole story, the pet store I go to is shutting down. They have this yellow rat snake there, that according to them, is the most unhandleable thing ever. thing never comes out of the cage, cept for cleaning, and obviously no one wants to buy it.

now I've taken it out once just to prove to them it is possible to handle it without getting bit. it just seemed more freaked out and tired to bite out of fear than aggression. I think it needs to just get used to people.

Now if its ok with the owner, the manager said she would give it to me for free, just simply because I'm the only 1 who has ever took it out besides an employee and the snake would most likly just be put down.

now my plan was if i get it, to just take it in for a while, see if i can work with it and calm it down and find it a home. My problem is I know nothing about rat snakes, well colubrids in general. in my sig you can see what I have under my care so im far from newbie.

but im a newbie to colubrids and this yellow rat snake. anyone got a good care sheet for me to go over? i didn't see one on the site, I want to say its around 5 foot, what kind of caging would you recommend? what temp range would you recommend? i can follow up with better info on the snake itself if i get it. also is "yellow" a species of rat snake, or color phase, or what? any good place to read up info on this thing? yea i know nothing lol.

I know I can google it and go through a few things hoping its good information, which with my green tree python I found out was a bad idea. so im asking you guys, instead of random googling.