Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,861

2 members and 2,859 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: Where to buy ProHeat?

Quote Originally Posted by beavermatic View Post
    Thats are great reviews for both products, but you have to compare apples to oranges.

I'm not saying pro heat panels are bad, I've never owned one.

But you have to look at the facts:

Majority here are saying stick with Reptile Basics. Even that link was written by someone who is not part of reptile basics.

The other link gives alot of reason behind the pro heat panels, but is written by someone who works for the company, which is pro products I beleive.

I do know I own a Reptile Basics, and its nothing a snake is going to get hung up on, burned by, etc. It's quality engineered from what i can tell, and it's doing exactly whats promised, doing it so well, i had to drop down the thermostat, lol. It certainly holds its temps extremely well.

Either way, I dont care if Reptile Basics, BA, or Pro Products claims these things will never catch fire or have voltage problems that will cause harm to your herp, you, or whatever, Always use a thermostat.
    That quick plug thing is on the Pro Heat panels which pre-date the RBI panels.

As for your claim that the majority here are saying to stick to Reptile Basics - you haven't polled the majority and you didn't list any "facts".

I have both. I decided to take a break from Pro-Products and try the RBI panels. The RBI is a perfectly fine product but I'll stick to the Pro-Products panels for my future needs. I've been buying them for many years and I've never had a failure (I currently have 13 Pro-Heat panels of various sizes).

PP panels do not have a hot spot - I can attest to that. I can't say the same for the competitors.

The fact is that none of us know a "well-engineered panel" from an apple or an orange. There is a difference in how the two panels are engineered and there is a difference in the certifications each brand has. Has anyone determined if the RBI panels is UL or CE certified?

If you'd like to outline the differences in engineering we need to define how each panel works:

(1) Pro-Products - the heating element is incorporated directly into the aluminum face of the panel. The heating element is the surface.

(2) RBI - use a fiberglass element. This radiant panel encloses the heating element inside plastic and fiberglass shells.

Now if someone would like to debate the design merits of the two systems - shoot.

Thanks

Well, there we have it. A Pro panel enthusiasts perspective.

I was merely looking at the comment suggestion on this thread, and most seem to lean toward RB panels.

I own one, and I know it works quite well thus far.

I'm not aruging with you. Matter of fact, I'm glad you came forward and spoke about the Pro Products panels and stated your opinion. It gives a more balanced topic.

Either way, I can say that you wouldnt be disappointed with a RB panel, and your stating I wouldn't be disappointed with a PP panel.

End the end, this is what it really breaks down to... both reliable products, and a decision in either would not be a poor decision by far. Of course, price, support, warranty, shipping, will all be the actual determining factor once reliability and performance of a product are established, in which this thread has proven both hold up well.

Thanks

I've used both and preferred the Pro Products panels for several reasons.
    Last edited by 2kdime; 11-28-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks

just out of curiosity, care to share some of those reasons? I'd really like to hear them

Thanks

Do the Project panels/ reptile basics by itself heat the whole enclosure?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfchicken99 View Post
    Do the Project panels/ reptile basics by itself heat the whole enclosure?
    I have a 2'x3'x12" RBI viv with an 80 watt RBI RHP mounted on the far left of the viv. I have found that this set up give me a perfect temperature gradient from left to right.

I also have the RBI UTH for belly heat.

Both are controlled by a Herpstat 6.

BTW... this set up is for a Ball Python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'm a little late the party and I'm sure it's already been said but just give Bob a call and he'll hook you up. Just get through the sales pitch LOL He's a very knowledgeable guy and lifelong reptile keeper as well.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

Thanks

I have used RBI panels for years and just recently had one warp on me and it wasn't very old. I started doing some research into pro products and liked what I read. Called and spoke to Bob and have decided to switch out all 6 of my RBI panels for pro products panels.

With the warping issue and hearing the potential reason for the warping - I just got fearful of the potential for fires and decided to switch.

All my units are controlled by VE-300 thermostats also.
    L. West
    1.0 CORAL ALBINO BOA (OWEN)
    1.0 PANAMANIAN HYPO BOA (SAWYER)
    1.0 DUMERIL'S BOA (GRAYSON)
    1.0 ALBINO HONDURAN (RIVER)
    0.1 TANGERINE HONDURAN (FAITH)
    1.0 ALBINO TESSERA CORN SNAKE (RILEY)

Thanks
    I second calling Bob, in fact I called him yesterday to order a panel myself!

I have several of his, but tried a Reptile Basics panel once. In fact it is the exact same set up as larryd23 mentions; an 80 watt panel heating a 2x3x1 Reptile Basics enclosure, Herpstat 2 Tstat.

After my experience with both Pro-Panel and Reptile Basics panels, I would buy a Pro-Panel every time, anytime.

The reptile basics is black and blends with the enclosure better but it seems less efficient. It is frequently being powered up to 100% to maintain temps. Even when not at 100% it seems to be powered more often than not.

I have a few AP T8s with Pro-Panels comparably sized RHP. The only time I've ever seen them at 100% is when they are heating the enclosure up for the first time. Aside from then, I never seen them powered more than 80%, typically less, and often they aren't even running at all.

tl:dr buy a Pro-Panel.
    \m/

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wh00h0069 View Post
    Thanks eveyone. If I am not able to order them online, then I will just stick with Reptile Basics panels. I will check out the other vendor's sites though.
    Its the best kind of customer service possible to have the owner ask what size enclosure you have, what temp your home is kept at and what species. He actually wants to sell you exactly what you need instead of just trying to make a sale. As far as I’m concerned you couldn’t find a better place to buy radiant heat panels plus it’s a 15 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast