Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,982

2 members and 2,980 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Where to buy ProHeat?

Where is the best place to buy Pro Product's radiant heat panels, ProHeat? I looked on their website, and could not find a place to order them.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Re: Where to buy ProHeat?

From the man himself, his site has always been kinda funky when it comes to ordering stuff.

Best to just call him, that's what I always do.

That way he can get a rundown of your enclosure, species kept, temps desired, ambient room temperatures, etc etc to determine the best sized panel for you.

I believe Repti Racks is also a distributor.

http://www.repti-racks.com/index.php...tpage&Itemid=1
    Last edited by 2kdime; 11-26-2009 at 11:21 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2kdime For This Useful Post:

maausen (11-15-2018)

Thanks

I believe that Pro Products likes to speak to you to about the size of your enclosure, the species that you are keeping, etc to arrive at the proper size of radiant heat panel for your needs. Bottom line is that you need to call them to find out the bottom line.
    Do not resuscitate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wh00h0069 View Post
    Where is the best place to buy Pro Product's radiant heat panels, ProHeat? I looked on their website, and could not find a place to order them.
    if i remember right you have to call them because they make many many different ones.
    also pvccages.com has some pro products and rbi heat panels

Thanks

Thanks eveyone. If I am not able to order them online, then I will just stick with Reptile Basics panels. I will check out the other vendor's sites though.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wh00h0069 For This Useful Post:

larryd23 (11-11-2018)

Thanks

I just bought a reptile basics panel using their FAQ on their site for a 7x3x3 enclosure, the 120watt panel.

It keeps my 7x3x3 enclosure at a constant 86 farenheit, it was actually upto almost 90, so i had to adjust it with the thermostat that i bought. Take it that this is a melamine box, each corner (except for front that opens) is sealed with caulk, and several vent holes on each side of the box.

And the 120watt is still overkill, its 8 degrees warmer than need be.

So read the FAQ on reptile basics... its pretty darn helpful

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beavermatic For This Useful Post:

Wh00h0069 (11-26-2009)

Thanks

If you send him an email he will tell you how to order. And he'll tell you the exact panel you need for your situation. I just bought some and it is weird to order but deffinetly worth it. They warrantee is awsome and the product is amazing. There is great customer service and i got 2nd day shipping for 16 dollars. Id just email them and sort it out. Im not going to buy any other heat panel now.
    Connor Paschke
    Pre-vet Major at SUNY Plattsburgh

1.0 Jungle Carpet Pythons (Headhunter lineage)
    1.0 Dwarf Albino Reticulated Python (Steve Gooch)

Thanks

I was looking into proheat myself for a panel, and they were extremely overpriced.

I heard alot of good things about Reptile basics, alot of folks said they were not only better priced (almost $100 less than proheat for my panel), but a bit better product overall. They contain all the same features. And everyone states that Rich from Reptile Basics is one of the most helpful people in the herp community when it comes to cages & heating.

What was pretty nifty was I got my panel the other day, and I noticed it has an adapter that comes with it, the superplug, lets you make your own length outlet power wire. if its too long out of the box, trim it down a bit, and just snap on the plug! No trimming down the wire or plastic. Thought it was odd at first, but became really nice so I didnt have an extra two feet of power cord laying on the ground. Takes like 30 seconds to put on.

just my 2 cents.

I'd also buy a Thermostat for that panel.. they recommend one on Reptile Basics, but the ones I use, alot of folks use, because they are rather inexpensive and work beautifully, are the Reptitherm 500r (Zoo med makes them), you can pick one up off amazon or petstore.com for like $25. I'd recommend petstore because they ship either same or next day when you place your order.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beavermatic View Post
    I was looking into proheat myself for a panel, and they were extremely overpriced.

I heard alot of good things about Reptile basics, alot of folks said they were not only better priced (almost $100 less than proheat for my panel), but a bit better product overall. They contain all the same features. And everyone states that Rich from Reptile Basics is one of the most helpful people in the herp community when it comes to cages & heating.

What was pretty nifty was I got my panel the other day, and I noticed it has an adapter that comes with it, the superplug, lets you make your own length outlet power wire. if its too long out of the box, trim it down a bit, and just snap on the plug! No trimming down the wire or plastic. Thought it was odd at first, but became really nice so I didnt have an extra two feet of power cord laying on the ground. Takes like 30 seconds to put on.

just my 2 cents.

I'd also buy a Thermostat for that panel.. they recommend one on Reptile Basics, but the ones I use, alot of folks use, because they are rather inexpensive and work beautifully, are the Reptitherm 500r (Zoo med makes them), you can pick one up off amazon or petstore.com for like $25. I'd recommend petstore because they ship either same or next day when you place your order.

Here are two good writeups on radiant heat panels. The first is concerning the Reptile Basics panel: http://www.arbreptiles.com/products/...atpanels.shtml. The second is concerning the ProHeat panel (halfway down the page): http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...nt+heat&page=2.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Thats are great reviews for both products, but you have to compare apples to oranges.

I'm not saying pro heat panels are bad, I've never owned one.

But you have to look at the facts:

Majority here are saying stick with Reptile Basics. Even that link was written by someone who is not part of reptile basics.

The other link gives alot of reason behind the pro heat panels, but is written by someone who works for the company, which is pro products I beleive.

I do know I own a Reptile Basics, and its nothing a snake is going to get hung up on, burned by, etc. It's quality engineered from what i can tell, and it's doing exactly whats promised, doing it so well, i had to drop down the thermostat, lol. It certainly holds its temps extremely well.

Either way, I dont care if Reptile Basics, BA, or Pro Products claims these things will never catch fire or have voltage problems that will cause harm to your herp, you, or whatever, Always use a thermostat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast