Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,850

0 members and 2,850 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Thanks

Why?

Im a little confused at the moment. Why would usark put restrictions in place for a state that is doing FINE without them? South carolina is an amazing state to live in if you own exotic animals! We have no laws concerning our venomous or our constrictors. There are certain counties that its illegal to own crocs but other then that we have great animal laws. And its been going WONDERFUL until now. For some reason andrew believes we should put laws in place. But WHY??? South carolina is not worried about exotic animals right now so why try to put laws in place when everything is going fine?

Thanks

Re: Why?

I smell something bad about to happen

Here, we can't own Desert Tortoises unless you have a license, nor can you take them out of the wild. Same goes for native venomous species.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

I just dont understand what gives him the right to put these laws in place when we were completly fine without them. Its not like our congressman in sc are pushing for laws or bans on our animals. So why even start and the laws are written with holes. They give law enforcement the right to take your animal for 5 days if they dont think you should have it. Our law enforcement is not set up to handle my animals and bad husbandry would do a number to a burm in 5 days

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    I just dont understand what gives him the right to put these laws in place when we were completly fine without them. Its not like our congressman in sc are pushing for laws or bans on our animals. So why even start and the laws are written with holes. They give law enforcement the right to take your animal for 5 days if they dont think you should have it. Our law enforcement is not set up to handle my animals and bad husbandry would do a number to a burm in 5 days
    Maybe writing a letter or sending an email or even calling would do something. I never hear of any problems with SC, and this guy that is trying to put down laws will start up some problems. I mean come on, look how many problems there are with this python ban and other bills, things have been going insane.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Wouldn't be a bad idea for all this hoo-ha to be on a state to state basis.

Thanks

Wait, what's going on with SC?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioTiffany View Post
    Here, we can't own Desert Tortoises unless you have a license, nor can you take them out of the wild. Same goes for native venomous species.
    These restrictions fall under completely different rules than the large constrictors. There are very good environmental/conservation reasons for restrictions on desert tortoises and native venomous snakes/lizards.
    Periodic Table Pythons - Quality, captive-bred pythons? It's elementary!

1.0 VPI Axanthic, 1.0 Genetic Stripe, 1.0 Red Axanthic, 1.0 Lesser Platinum, 1.0 50% Het Albino, 0.1 Albino, 0.1 Het VPI Axanthic, 0.1 Het Red Axanthic, 0.1 Het G-Stripe, 0.1 Woma, 0.1 Mojave, 0.1 Normal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioTiffany View Post
    Maybe writing a letter or sending an email or even calling would do something. I never hear of any problems with SC, and this guy that is trying to put down laws will start up some problems. I mean come on, look how many problems there are with this python ban and other bills, things have been going insane.
    Ive tried to contact him. He doesnt really see eye to eye with me and some other keepers. We dont agree with his tactics and the way they feel they should handle the situations and I really dont agree with him trying to change the laws in my home state when theres no reason what so ever to start with this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eventide View Post
    Wait, what's going on with SC?

These restrictions fall under completely different rules than the large constrictors. There are very good environmental/conservation reasons for restrictions on desert tortoises and native venomous snakes/lizards.
    We are about to have laws concerning venomous animals, constrictors, and crocs. The laws right now in sc are basically you can have any venomous any constrictors and theres only a few counties that outlaw crocs but most cities allow them. So I see no reason to try to enforce some now. The congressman in sc are not even worried about exotics right now there not pushing for a ban or restrictions so I want to know why andrew feels the need to introduce them?

Thanks

These restrictions fall under completely different rules than the large constrictors. There are very good environmental/conservation reasons for restrictions on desert tortoises and native venomous snakes/lizards.[/QUOTE]

Yes I know, I was giving an example of some laws we have, and I didn't say I disagreed with them.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    Wouldn't be a bad idea for all this hoo-ha to be on a state to state basis.
    I agree it should be on a state to state basis I just wish people from nc would mind there business and not try to change our state when we are fine the way we are right now. South carolina has great laws concerning exotics and I just dont understand why they need to change it right now

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast