Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,917

1 members and 2,916 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Re: Help! I found a ball python in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by Egapal View Post
    My long time girlfriend soon to be wife was not to keen on having a snake in the house either. When it first came up I was in a pet store and saw a BP and said, without really thinking, "Its been a life long dream of mine to own a snake like that." She said "Really, why don't you get her right now." Here I am a 30 year old man with a stable well paying job and I said "Because they are expensive and my mom won't let........................................................" I stood there for a few minutes as it sunk in to my obviously thick skull that BP's are expensive when you are dirt poor, like I was growing up, but trivial compared to my current means. My mom hasn't had a say in the matter in 12 years. I looked at my girlfriend and asked "What do you think about having a snake in the house." She said "I hate the idea but obviously it means a lot to you so I think you should get her." Three weeks later, tons of research and a lot of restless nights later I finally brought home my first BP.

Moral of the story is this. BP's are low maintenance, safe pets. If she goes to bed early your wife might never see Kismet. Most of my friends went from fear to loving my BP in one visit. I have one friend who hasn't held her yet and has no interest. You shouldn't let Kismet come between you and your wife but if she can summon up the courage to come and visit she might find out that she really isn't as scared as she thought. If you can go from afraid to attached maybe your wife can go from phobic to indifferent. My girlfriend went from minor dislike to slight affection. I never name my pets until I have more than one. Till then its "cat" or "dog" or in this case the "snake". My girlfriend affectionately calls my BP snakey-poo, not bad for someone who never would have imagined having one in her home.
    Great story. There is a girl I know on a boa forum. Her grandmother was always afraid of snakes, yet she posted some pics of her 90 year old grandmother sitting on the floor petting an 8' RTB. She said her grandmother even made the boa a little pillow, which she had been cuddling in her enclosure for a couple of years. She recently moved and packed the pillow away. After she arrived at her new home she couldn't find the pillow right away so she put another small pillow in the enclosure and the snake would't hardly touch it. She wanted "her" pillow back...
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks

That is really awesome that you rescued this snake! That is very commendable of you!
    1.0 Mojave Spider BP "Merlotte"
    0.2 Normal BP "Maryanne and Tara"
    1.0 Normal BP "Xander"
    0.1 Pastel BP "Freyja"
    0.1 Red-Tail Boa "Sookie"
    1.0 Amazon Tree Boa "Stackhouse"
    2.0 Moon Crabs "Dunbar and Santiago"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

How are things going with the little guy?
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks

Hehe... My GF is the same, she doesnt realy like snakes, but she realy wanted me to get my first one. She gives all of them nick names now, she doesnt realy enjoy the hoby, but she doesnt mind it either. She even holds the hatchlings or small ones sometimes, or sometimes when I clean their enclosure she will "hold" them untill Im done cleaning everything.
    Danny
    0.1 Awesome Normal! (Lost )
    1.0 Lemon Pastel
    1.0 VPI Axanthic
    0.1 Spider
    0.1 Fire

Thanks

Those officials obviously aren't very educated if they're telling you to get a heat rock.

The box looks good so far, and yes, a UTH is necessary as soon as possible. Poor little thing... it's so scared that it won't move. Maybe gently place him inside the hide, to make him feel more secure. Provided it hasn't appeared aggressive so far. No need to get bit.

Hope he finds a home, maybe with you! You never know - they ARE addictive!
    0.1 '09 Normal Ball Python - Sheva
    1.0 Crested Gecko - Sol
    1.0 SHTCTB Leopard Gecko - Paradox
    1.0 Cockatiel - Mo (Mohawk)
    0.1 Peachfaced Lovebird - Bean
    0.2 Mischievous, long-haired cats - Moxxi and Azura
    And 1.0 incredible, loving husband.

Thanks

my mom wanted nothing to do with my ball when i first got him but now she always wants to know how hes doing but will never hold him lol, she dosent have to love him but if it rly makes you happy to have him as a pet i think she would be able to get around her fears.. but anyways thats amazing how he made it! im glad he has a place to go but i only hope for the best! and good job on the courage to go and pick him up, the only time i dont pick up my guy is when hes in deep shed!
    1.0 Normal ball python
    and my other animals 1.1 dogs

BG and Skiploder fan

Thanks

Bring it home and let your wife love on it a little bit... Thats how my old man got me.. Now we have 4 (2 ball pythons 1 blood python and a corn snake). They are WONDERFUL pets! Goodluck with everything.

Thanks

This thread is great. It's like reading a book about a little lost snake just when do I get to read the part about the happy new life away from the soda machine (Translated: wife has been convinced to let you keep your new awesome, courageous, strong willed snake). Good luck and kudos to you for saving it

Thanks

any up dates!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?
    1.0 Normal ball python
    and my other animals 1.1 dogs

BG and Skiploder fan

Thanks

he/she is still doing great! I gave him some fresh water as soon as I got in this morning and he went right over there and started lapping it up. Still very calm, cute snake! My wife visited this morning and checked him out, said he was cute but definitely could not come home with me!

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast