Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,400

0 members and 2,400 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

View Poll Results: which grade A, B or C and which line? (pick one of each)

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 10.47%
  • B

52 60.47%
  • C

9 10.47%
  • Jungle Pastel

18 20.93%
  • VPI line Pastel

1 1.16%
  • Graziani

17 19.77%
  • Lemon Pastel

15 17.44%
  • Blonde Pastel

4 4.65%
  • Vanilla Pastel

1 1.16%
  • other

5 5.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

catogorize the pastel

I am not trying to rate her for fun, I am looking to catagorize her as best as possible. So I am not looking for so much as an opinion on how people like her, more what catagory fits her best, I want to be able to say to people when I sell her offspring that the mom is a grade a lemon pastel or grade b vanilla etc. I dont know her line of pastel so I am hoping from her pics that some people may have a good idea.
    I am using a double poll where people can choose 2 answers since you can only put one poll on a thread. I dont want 2 seperate threads, one for her grade and one for her type. So the poll will have 3 choices for grade, either a b or c and a few choices for her type, lemon, vanilla, etc, and other. If you vote on the poll please make only 2 choices. pick a b or c and one of the types. If you pick other I would appriciate if you posted a reply of what your other is.
    thanks

1.0 50% het clown 1.0 50% het lavender 2.6 normal bp 1.0 normal poss axanthic 1.0 het pied bp 1.0 yellow belly 1.0 mojave bp 2.0 spider bp 2.1 pastel bp1.1 Cinnamon bp
    7.0 corns - normal motley stripe het snow,anery a het hypo, snow, red candy cane, motley stripe orange candy cane, anery motley possible ghost , butter motley 0.6 corns -amel,high white amel,creamsicle,ghost, snow, orange candy cane 1.0 albino jungle corn, 1.0 mexican black king, 1.0 california king, 1.0 milk snake 0.1 kenyan sand boa 0.1 dummerils boa 1.1 bci normal, 0.1 pastel bci,0.1 kahl albino bci,1.0 salmon het kahl albino bci, 0.1 guatamalan boa 0.1 hogg island boa 1.0 JCP 0.1 woma python 3.0 leos-normal,blizzard,rw albino,rw b blizzard 0.7 leos-normal,hypo tangerine,mack snow,albino, rwb blizzard,raptor, rw albino 0.1 C. Turneri (thick toed gecko)1.1 crested gecko0.1rose hair T. 0.0.1 black emporer scorpion
    1.0 beardie

http://kryptonianreptiles.webs.com Kryptonian Reptiles now on Facebook

Thanks

Re: catogorize the pastel

Theres really no way to know which line it came from, without knowing who you got it from, and what it was bred from. Sure, it may "look like" a lemon to some people, or a Graziani to some people, but theres really no way to tell. None.

As far as grade...all a matter of opinion. I personally like more blushing than high yellows. So my grade "A" may be a grade "C" to some.

Thanks

+1 for the blushing!
    1.0 Banana Piebald
    1.0 BEL (Lesser Mojave)
    1.0 Super Pastel
    1.0 Pastel
    1.0 Calico
    0.1 Piebald
    0.1 Stirlingbee
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Yellow Belly
    0.1 Enchi Yellow Belly
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly
    0.1 Yellow Belly
    0.1 Lesser
    0.1 Spider
    0.1 Spider
    0.1 Normal

Thanks

she's a great lookin bp, she looks like my normal pastel where the yellow is, but the blushing is nice, and my guy dont have any of that.. maybe a vanilla, but like others said you wont know till she breads.. still great lookin snake.

Cheers

Thanks

You can safely say she is a "female pastel with nice contrast and some blushing". You can grade her by shape or condition, meaning Grade A quality, no scars, missing scales, etc. but you can not grade her compared to others because everyone looks for something different in their pastels so it's just an opinion. Most people seem to like a lot of blushing, but some people do not. some like a busy pattern, but some like a reduced pattern, etc.

You can not claim she is from a specific line without knowing that information when you purchased her or it would be a "guess" and nothing more than speculation. Just be honest and when you sell the hatchlings show a picture of the mom and dad and let the customer decide how they will rate them.

As far as rating all these snakes.. It's not really a fair measure. It's Pepsi vs Coke, Chevy vs Ford, Red vs Blue, it's all just opinions.. and in the end, the only opinions that matter is YOURS and your customers.

Rick
    Last edited by SiscoReptiles; 11-16-2009 at 04:14 PM.
    Richard Sisco
    SiscoReptiles.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SiscoReptiles For This Useful Post:

twh (12-11-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

B+/A- grade pastel assuming I'm judging her size and age correctly without much indication from the pictures.

Thanks

Out of the three choices (A/B/C) i picked B because its a nice looking snake, but not an OUTSTANDING! one.

I'd also say its just a nice jungle pastel, nothing crazy
    Mike Schultz
    Outback Reptiles
    mike@outbackreptiles.com
    703-365-2262

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

You can't tell line from pictures, only knowing the parents. line means nothing anways. Lemon seems to be the top line everyone wants, but I've seen alot of nothing special lemons and also seen alot of Holy Shoot! unknown lines. Pastel is a Pastel.

my opinion, Grade B-C, high contrast color but not alot of it and not alot of blushing. still personally high contrast color is the #1 thing I look for, id buy babies form her.

how big is she? that plays a big factor in pastels. if shes bigger than im thinking (im assuming 1000ish gram mark) then might wanna take that grade up a little bit.

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts

I think knowing her age and weight would help a lot with this. Pastels change SO much as they age. Colors that would be mediocre in a yearling might be phenomenal in an adult.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks

Wow! People actually voted for blonde pastel...blonde pastel tend to get brighter as they get older I vote for pastel jungle or type B
    0.1 Normal BP (Bella)
    BG FAN!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast