Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,555

2 members and 1,553 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

The latest and greatest on shipping please

I need to ship a snake down to Miami. I have never shipped a snake. Can someone please fill me in on the best way to do it now a days? Is there a third party I should use, or do it by myself somehow? Any help you can give would be VERY helpful. Need to ship soon.

Thanks guys and gals!
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Re: The latest and greatest on shipping please

ship your reptiles is great
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mooingtricycle For This Useful Post:

Mike Cavanaugh (10-12-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mooingtricycle View Post
    ship your reptiles is great
    I heard if you use them and you don't take it to a UPS main pickup station like a hub or center that places like the UPS store are franchised out and in some cases wont take live animals. Also, I heard you could have UPS come and pick up the package and it will go straight to the nearest center or hub, however UPS will most likely charge you a pickup fee.

Can anyone say if there is any truth to any of this? Thanks
    Jeff Bernard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boanerges For This Useful Post:

Mike Cavanaugh (10-12-2009)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you are not Fedex certified you can use SYR http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/ , I mainly use SYR those days.

Their Shipping Standards http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/en/g...ing_standards/

Videos to learn how to properly ship a reptiles http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/en/g..._your_reptile/

Once you go through those you will be ready to ship like a pro
    Deborah Stewart

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Danounet (10-13-2009),Mike Cavanaugh (10-12-2009),pythontricker (10-12-2009)

Thanks

Im signing up on ship your reptiles soon. What an awesome program!
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    If you are not Fedex certified you can use SYR http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/ , I mainly use SYR those days.

Their Shipping Standards http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/en/g...ing_standards/

Videos to learn how to properly ship a reptiles http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/en/g..._your_reptile/

Once you go through those you will be ready to ship like a pro
    Ok, so if I am not fed ex certified, going thru a third party like SYR is my only legal option corrrect?

Do you have to use their shipping package if you do go thru them or can you use your own box and stuff? Looks like the total cost for one of their kits is about 20 bucks delivered... but then you have to pay for the actual shipping too.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boanerges View Post
    I heard if you use them and you don't take it to a UPS main pickup station like a hub or center that places like the UPS store are franchised out and in some cases wont take live animals. Also, I heard you could have UPS come and pick up the package and it will go straight to the nearest center or hub, however UPS will most likely charge you a pickup fee.

Can anyone say if there is any truth to any of this? Thanks
    UPS stores can refuse live animals, they also make mistake, like forgetting to give your package to the driver , after asking to the guy at my local hub he highly recommended me to drop the package off to the hub versus the store since I was shipping live animals.

A fee will occur for pick ups, the problem with pickup is that you need to give them a time when the package will be ready (usually a 3 to 5 hours window) so they can pickup the package.

Personnally I like to drop my package of at the last minute between 6 and 6.30 (UPS last next day air pick up being at 7 PM at my hub) this way it limits the time the animal has to spend in the box)

Also with pick ups it means the animal could be in the truc for several hours before being dropped off at the hub which can be a problem depending your area and the time of the year as UPS trucks do not have AC.
    Deborah Stewart

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Boanerges (10-12-2009),Danounet (10-13-2009)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    Ok, so if I am not fed ex certified, going thru a third party like SYR is my only legal option corrrect?

Do you have to use their shipping package if you do go thru them or can you use your own box and stuff? Looks like the total cost for one of their kits is about 20 bucks delivered... but then you have to pay for the actual shipping too.
    Yes you can use your own boxes just remember that boxes designed to ship reptiles/Live animals are made to withstand a certain weight and pressure therefore make sure your packaging is strong enough and of course well insulated.

Best thing is to order your boxes in bulk through https://superiorenterprise.com/store...ed=1&Itemid=53

The shipping will be discounted regardless of the packaging used (yours or theirs)
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Yes you can use your own boxes just remember that boxes designed to ship reptiles/Live animals are made to withstand a certain weight and pressure therefore make sure your packaging is strong enough and of course well insulated.

Best thing is to order your boxes in bulk through https://superiorenterprise.com/store...ed=1&Itemid=53

The shipping will be discounted regardless of the packaging used (yours or theirs)
    Holy crap! Thank you Deborah! that link you gave to buy the shipping supplies is great!!! what size box would you use from that site for a hatchling BP... a few months old?
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...07#post1180907 We are talking about this now-lol
    UPS stores can refuse live animals, they also make mistake, like forgetting to give your package to the driver , after asking to the guy at my local hub he highly recommended me to drop the package off to the hub versus the store since I was shipping live animals.

A fee will occur for pick ups, the problem with pickup is that you need to give them a time when the package will be ready (usually a 3 to 5 hours window) so they can pickup the package.

Personnally I like to drop my package of at the last minute between 6 and 6.30 (UPS last next day air pick up being at 7 PM at my hub) this way it limits the time the animal has to spend in the box)

Also with pick ups it means the animal could be in the truc for several hours before being dropped off at the hub which can be a problem depending your area and the time of the year as UPS trucks do not have AC.
    Thanks Deb ur the bestest My problem is all the hubs near (I use that word loosely) my house are FAR away
    Jeff Bernard

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Boanerges For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (10-13-2009)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast