Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,779

0 members and 1,779 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

All the things are adding up...

And I'm getting very tired of it.

I buy my snakes from the one person in town who sells snakes. He keeps great care of them, and has very good prices. I would do things a little different, but being that he has a large amount of snakes and a limited staff, they do a good job.

Now, here's the tough part. The customer service is crap. Today I checked their hours on the website, then go to the store and see that the hours on the website are off by a whole HOUR. Theres one guy who speaks so low you can hardly hear him, and he never knows the answer to your question. Another guy even cussed in front of several customers (No young ones, but still). The owner knows of me (I've been in there ~10 times.), he recognizes me and remembers I've bought a snake from him, but he seems very forgetful. It's hard to describe the interaction that goes on in there, but sometimes I feel like they'd just rather not deal with customers at all, and me being there is an inconvenience on them.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. I've worked in a customer service job, and when you have regulars you recognize them and ask them how they're doing yada yada ya... It's part of Customer Service. I know selling animals is different, but does that mean that the quality of customer service has to be brought down?

My main reason in posting this is to ask the vendors on here, do you welcome returning customers with a smile and sometimes a handshake? Is this typical of reptile customer service, or did I happen to find the one "unique" person who provides this customer service?

I'd like to keep going there, because his prices on his feeders and pretty much all supplies are the best in town.
    2.0 Crested Geckos

Thanks

Re: All the things are adding up...

So keep going there.

They dont HAVE to be your best friends.

Its a business. They dont get paid to remember you, or treat you any different than Joe Schmoe.

If their prices really are that great....do they need to remember your face?

Thanks

IMHO... Yes they DO need to remember your face. I admit I am forgetful of names, but I do remember faces for the most part. I think they should get to know your name, and use it occasionally. I think that f they do this the others in the store, will see this and tell their friends. The cussing is not good. I work in a tourism job and I am around the customers a lot. I will admit, they all ask the same questions, and I get sick of answering them, but I answer them to the best of my ability every time. Sometimes there is little time to do so, so I excuse myself and carry on with my job. I was once burned badly in front of a customer, and while I would normally say every bad word in the biik, I just had to let out a grunt. He told me that I was supposed to swear in times like these....

Enough with my novel...sorry.
    1.1 CRT Boa -Anery 100% Het Snow . , Salmon 66% P. Het Snow
    3.5 Normal BP Some are P. Het for Axanthic, and Snow
    1.1 Mojave BP
    1.0 Spider BP
    0.1 Pastel BP
    2.0 Fire BP
    1.0 Ghost
    0.1 Possible Axanthic

Thanks

I'm not trying to say they need to be everyones best friend. Is asking for a simple smile asking too much? I'm just saying their customer service sucks, and was wondering if this is typical of animal breeding customer service. Most of the breeders I've seen on here are very nice people, but I don't think they have quite the same store as this one.

Just because he's got the best prices in town and knows it does not give you the right to act like everyone can be replaced.
    2.0 Crested Geckos

Thanks

I'd keep going. They are your local herp suppliers and have the feeders you need.

I do think they should be friendly and all. Maybe that will come in time.

Just to see how they would react, ask them if they have some crazy morph or something expensive. Tell them you would like to buy it from them, but you've never seen it displayed.---I guess I'm trying to say--- strike up a conversation with them.

Of course they may be weird or conceited---who knows. Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Bowden For This Useful Post:

Elise.m (10-11-2009)