Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,095

1 members and 3,094 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bite.

Thanks

Bite.

she got me THROUGH THE GLOVE. She's a stunner, but handling her is the worst idea ever makes cage maintenance ever so difficult.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Re: Bite.

Sorry you got bit but it did make for a good pic Do you got a pic of the biter?
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

i dont know if i should say congrads or that sucks lol. right thru the glove?? cool stuff
    "You can derelict my balls, capi-tan." -zoolander
    lots o ball pythons!
    www.holdfastreptiles.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boanerges View Post
    Sorry you got bit but it did make for a good pic Do you got a pic of the biter?
    no pic but i finally got a weight on her. (1348g) I'll see if i can get a picture but she may be going back to her producer. She's done a 180 personality change since she got here, and i barely even look at her if i can help it. I talked to who i got her from and its extremely uncharacteristic of her to be like this. I'm thinking its my cats shes reacting to.

She's a 66% het joliff snow female, VERY reduced yellow pigment (in some lights she even looks axanthic to me) i'd love to get a comparison shot with her and my big normal female but knowing her she'd try to eat my camera.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irishanaconda View Post
    i dont know if i should say congrads or that sucks lol. right thru the glove?? cool stuff
    She's just REALLY unpredictable. All the other ones i can look at and go "you're gonna bite me" but with her, she comes out of the cage ok, and all of the sudden i put my hand in the wrong place and BAM. she was out for blood this time lol. I think she was angry i took her shed skin away. she decorated her WHOLE cage with it. Apparently she was very pleased with herself lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbird View Post
    no pic but i finally got a weight on her. (1348g) I'll see if i can get a picture but she may be going back to her producer. She's done a 180 personality change since she got here, and i barely even look at her if i can help it. I talked to who i got her from and its extremely uncharacteristic of her to be like this. I'm thinking its my cats shes reacting to.

She's a 66% het joliff snow female, VERY reduced yellow pigment (in some lights she even looks axanthic to me) i'd love to get a comparison shot with her and my big normal female but knowing her she'd try to eat my camera.
    That's ashame because she sounds like a beauty Do you ever try to hook her to get her out or do you just pick her up with gloves?
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boanerges View Post
    That's ashame because she sounds like a beauty Do you ever try to hook her to get her out or do you just pick her up with gloves?
    She hates the hook, i use it to let her know its not feeding time, and shes very calm when coming out too, its really the strangest thing. I dont have a hook big enough for her, i'll be fixing that eventually but she's 4 feet long so even if shes on the hook she can still come get me and my short arms. I try to warm it up before i touch her with it so its not a shock. Ill let her crawl out of the tub, support her neck and then get her back end.

She'd been out for a good 5 or so minutes before she took a hit at me. I was asked to try to handle her to see if she'd calm down like she was a hatchling and thats what i was doing since the cats were asleep or in the closet laying down.

Its just really strange to have a young carpet python thats nicer than an adult BP.
    Last edited by cinderbird; 10-11-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks

on a similar note, if i had a tooth stuck in my hand how would i know? All my other bites i forget about in a few mins but this one has been stinging pretty badly all day. Could it be because i was not the brightest and jerked my hand back?

Thanks

LOL daang through the glove??

That's crazy.

Hey, I think I have the same floor tiles as you do LOL
    Tiff'z Morphz

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbird View Post
    on a similar note, if i had a tooth stuck in my hand how would i know? All my other bites i forget about in a few mins but this one has been stinging pretty badly all day. Could it be because i was not the brightest and jerked my hand back?

taking a look at the placement of the bite I would say it looks like it is right where you bend your thumb. That will make it a little more tender....plus wrestling it off a bit probably ripped it a little. Put some neo on it and a bandaide so it doesn't bend for a bit but make sure to take the bandaide off tonight so it can get some air.

Wow...she got you really good!
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast