Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,151

2 members and 3,149 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks

Kittens in Apartment

OK I am not a big fan of cats I can take them or leave them me and my fiancee are moving out in 3 weeks into an apartment I have 3 BP's and 3 Leopard geckos. she wants a kitten and I found a lady I work whose cat just had kittens. My question is do I take one or take 2 siblings ..we both work fullltime jobs. Do they need a playmate? We have the money to afford them im just asking if its necessary???? I know someone will say the only thing better than one kitten is 2 hahaha. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Kittens in Apartment

Why not make it four?

But really, yes I would take two kittens. It's really not the greatest idea to only get one kitten, you'll go insane. They really need a playmate and without one they can develop bad habits. We started off with one kitten and he developed a really bad habit of biting us in the middle of the night or when we weren't paying attention to him. It wasn't just nips either! I've known quite a few single kitten owners that developed this aggressive biting behavior.

Just my two cents.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    Why not make it four?

But really, yes I would take two kittens. It's really not the greatest idea to only get one kitten, you'll go insane. They really need a playmate and without one they can develop bad habits. We started off with one kitten and he developed a really bad habit of biting us in the middle of the night or when we weren't paying attention to him. It wasn't just nips either! I've known quite a few single kitten owners that developed this aggressive biting behavior.

Just my two cents.
    Yup, biting happened with my ex-kitty (she lives with my aunt) when she was a kitten.
    Dude, where did Bob go?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    Why not make it four?

Just my two cents.
    guess it really depends on the cat we had our first cat for a couple years she never did the biting thing (well playfully but i started that then she stoped) as a little kitten she was playful and running around alot once she hit a year she became an old cat just laying around not a care in the world. last year we got a new kitten and now they BOTH DRIVE ME CRAZZY they chase eachother around crazy jumping off the tables and chairs all in a sprint, if i could go back and do it all over again id never of got the 2nd cat it was much more peaceful around here. (ok if i could id of never got the 1st cat either but what can i do)
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Thanks

I would suggest getting two. When I got my first kitten, he would cry all the time when I would leave (and the neighbors love that). And he was very needy. I loved it at the time, but when classes started back up he didn't get much attention and he really didn't like that. I got my second kitten and they keep each other company and wear each other out. Neither of them cry when I leave unless I take one with me and not the other.

Now my upstairs neighbors just got a new cat, and she crys *all the time* when they aren't there, and then when they are, I can hear her running like a crazed animal around the apartment... just like my first boy used to do.
    ~ Shannon

1.2 normal bp ~ Lilly (06) ~ Delilah (09) ~ Joey (06)
    1.0 cinnamon bp ~ Doughnut (08)
    1.0 mojave bp ~ Jay (08)
    0.1 pastel bp ~ Patsy (09)
    2.0 cats ~ Lil Bit (08) ~ Toby (08)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Two are not any extra work compared to one and I do feel that mine are more well adjusted having a "buddy" to groom, play with and sleep with. Of course, my two also have Diamond, the dog to pal around with (and they do play with her and sleep curled up next to her).

Thanks

I would get 2 for sure, not only for the fact that they will keep each other busy but it is soooo much fun to watch two kittens run around playing with each other!!

Thanks

At first i just got one, and he was a very happy kitten, but eventually I did get him a buddy and i think he is MUCH happier. They play and sleep and groom together. Plus watching them play is the funniest thing ever, better than TV.

Thanks

We had one cat and then my friend's cat had a litter, so we took one, at first it was a night mare our cat HATED the big scary monster that was prob all of 2lbs(if that), eventually she came around and this kitten is nutz but they seem to keep each other entertained which is nice because i have a bunch of other stuff to do during the day

basically 1 cat is very needy but 2 cats are a little bit more work(they fill up a litter box pretty quick) but they keep each other entertained
    0.1-Hypo Red tail-Boa-Ziva
    1.0-Hogg Island-Recaro
    0.1-Albino Red Tail- Leto
    1.0-Central American- Damian

Thanks

We have 6 cats. Up until our youngest boys, we never had siblings before. Let me tell you, those boys are a blast! They sleep together, play together and get into mischief together. Most of our kitties get along ok or at least tolerate eachother but you can see the bond with these two. I would never hesitate to adopt siblings again.
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    2.0 Off Track Thoroughbreds
    0.3 human kids
    1.0 Boyfriend who puts up with the craziness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast